Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Chevy would be 454 CID (7.4L) and ford would be 460 CID (7.5L).

Ken
Ok, then it is a Chevy 454...Had to ask the hubby
USMC_Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #16

You are correct...there's no ugly anything in her. She's beautiful! I have a '91 Pace Arrow which does not look nearly as wide. Do you have slides?
ditzygrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-365 View Post
You are correct...there's no ugly anything in her. She's beautiful! I have a '91 Pace Arrow which does not look nearly as wide. Do you have slides?

Thank you, can't wait to enjoy it in 2 months! No slides, wish it did though It might look a little wide towards the front because there are two chairs that were taken out by the previous owner. We plan on building a small desk for the children to work at while road schooling. Wish us luck, we have never been RVing or home schooled, but we have decided to get back to whats important "Family"
USMC_Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #18

Looks great!

Congrats on your new rig. We bought a 1994 Winnebago last year and it has been really solid. Based on what I read on the forums we have way less problems than people with new rigs and alot less the folks with the nearly new.

Be sure to check the date code on the tires and replace if they are older than 5 yrs or so. Tire blowouts can wreck the underside (big $s) and are dangerous as the motorhome can be hard to control.

Cheers!
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by micd View Post
Congrats on your new rig. We bought a 1994 Winnebago last year and it has been really solid. Based on what I read on the forums we have way less problems than people with new rigs and alot less the folks with the nearly new.

Be sure to check the date code on the tires and replace if they are older than 5 yrs or so. Tire blowouts can wreck the underside (big $s) and are dangerous as the motorhome can be hard to control.

Cheers!
Michelle

Thank you so much for the tip, that is good to know! Also, I'm glad to hear that the older rigs have less problems, probably because of all the computerize and electronic components they have on those newer rigs.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New and old both may be subject to electrical/mechanical problems, but older units are less complex and easier to repair IMHO

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
New and old both may be subject to electrical/mechanical problems, but older units are less complex and easier to repair IMHO
Glad to here that! Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the forums! Looks like you have a very nice coach. I am sure that you will have many happy miles with it. Just moved up from an '89 Southwind myself. Somewhat similar to yours. Good luck on your trip to Alaska. Those kids will have many happy memories form that trip, I am sure. Please give your hubby a big hearty THANKS!!! for his service from everyone here on the forums.
n7bq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Nice rig enjoy it because it will make memories that last a lifetime. Tell your hubby thanks for serving and he makes me proud.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Nice rig enjoy it because it will make memories that last a lifetime. Tell your hubby thanks for serving and he makes me proud.
Thank you very much rvjimmy & n7bq, I will definitely pass your appreciation on to him It is people like you who makes it "worth it"
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Nice looking coach there... and congrats on taking your children on the road for an "extended" trip - how long will ya'll be traveling and road schooling?

We are gearing up for our "big adventure" with the kids, and will spend a year traveling full time with our three girls. You will get a few non-RVing folks along the way that will question why you would home school and "drag them around" the country... and my answer to that when we get it is that we are not young forever, health - even for the children can change quickly, God has not promised us that we will have a tomorrow here on earth, and your children will learn more experiencing the world for a year than they ever will with text books alone. Our kids will read about Gettysburg while walking the actual fields of battle, learn of the liberty bell while touching it, study the Constitution - and then stand in the hall where it was signed. They will experience the force of nature and know the thunder of Niagara Falls - have a study of marine biology followed up with a day at the Baltimore Aquarium.... and what child could ever learn more about American government than those who follow up each of their studies with an extended field trip to Washington DC to experience what they read about on the way there?

It will be expensive, things won't always be easy, but you will NEVER for the rest of your life look back on you or your children's experience and think, gee, we shouldn't have done that... Much more likely there are thousands of families out there that look back on an opportunity like this, and ask why they didn't do that when they had the chance.

God bless you in your journey, and let's keep our families in touch while we cross the nation giving our children what I believe is one of the greatest gifts we could bestow upon them.
TGMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Way cool looking coach! And those are lucky kids--they'll be getting an education that they wouldn't get in a regular classroom!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMarrs View Post
Nice looking coach there... and congrats on taking your children on the road for an "extended" trip - how long will ya'll be traveling and road schooling?

We are gearing up for our "big adventure" with the kids, and will spend a year traveling full time with our three girls. You will get a few non-RVing folks along the way that will question why you would home school and "drag them around" the country... and my answer to that when we get it is that we are not young forever, health - even for the children can change quickly, God has not promised us that we will have a tomorrow here on earth, and your children will learn more experiencing the world for a year than they ever will with text books alone. Our kids will read about Gettysburg while walking the actual fields of battle, learn of the liberty bell while touching it, study the Constitution - and then stand in the hall where it was signed. They will experience the force of nature and know the thunder of Niagara Falls - have a study of marine biology followed up with a day at the Baltimore Aquarium.... and what child could ever learn more about American government than those who follow up each of their studies with an extended field trip to Washington DC to experience what they read about on the way there?

It will be expensive, things won't always be easy, but you will NEVER for the rest of your life look back on you or your children's experience and think, gee, we shouldn't have done that... Much more likely there are thousands of families out there that look back on an opportunity like this, and ask why they didn't do that when they had the chance.

God bless you in your journey, and let's keep our families in touch while we cross the nation giving our children what I believe is one of the greatest gifts we could bestow upon them.

Hello, thank you for your reply to my post. We also plan on traveling for a whole year, just 30 more days till the hubby gets out of the Marine Corps and we are on our way!

Our first destination is Alaska, we have been dreaming about going there for years, I just only wish that we were leaving earlier so we could stay longer and not have to leave so soon before the snow starts to fly. Where are you guys headed first?

I know what you mean by all the "naysayers" there are always going to be those type of people who try and drag you down because they themselves are not that adventures. I have already gotten comments like "Why not wait till you retire?" And my answer is simple, just like you have stated above...Who says I am going to live long enough to retire? Tomorrow is NOT promised! I know my children will be better educated from the experience...So heres to us "Raises glass" live life to the fullest with the ones you love.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes... ‎"I would rather be a meteor than a sleepy and permanent planet. For a man's true purpose in life is to live, not to waste time merely sustaining himself." ~ Jack London
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahkeith View Post
Way cool looking coach! And those are lucky kids--they'll be getting an education that they wouldn't get in a regular classroom!
Thank you!