Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Opportunity came knocking so jumped back in.

With this being a sellers market, I got the bright idea to sell my Tiffin Phaeton with the thoughts I had my eye on a Zephyr. Long story short that deal was kind of put on hold, but this rig came up so I jumped on it. My bank account was not too happy, but it brought a smile to my face.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyCornerstone.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	337596  
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 01:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wow! Just....wow!
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the beautiful new rig! Let the adventure begin!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #4

You are going to have some fun with that. I hope you posted from a shakedown cruise. Not too far until you sort it out.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #5

Beautiful
Old 07-28-2021, 08:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
You are going to have some fun with that. I hope you posted from a shakedown cruise. Not too far until you sort it out.
Shakedown was a 2400 round trip. Came back with a list of things to address which I have been working on for about 10 days now. Little things. $100 here, another $100 there. Also added a dash cam. Think people have forgotten basic driving habits like turn signals and how to get on a freeway.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:42 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats on a beauty.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:37 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
What model year? Paint looks identical to my 2017 45B.
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:29 PM   #9

Very nice. Enjoy it.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:10 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
What model year? Paint looks identical to my 2017 45B.
Yep. 2017. Same model too. Have you had any issues I should be aware of?
Old 07-30-2021, 05:24 AM   #11

Great looking coach. Drool.
Wish you many happy miles
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
Shakedown was a 2400 round trip. Came back with a list of things to address which I have been working on for about 10 days now. Little things. $100 here, another $100 there. Also added a dash cam. Think people have forgotten basic driving habits like turn signals and how to get on a freeway.
Congrats on the new wheels!

I’m glad you mentioned the dash cam. I’m hoping to pick up my new-to-me coach next week. I’ve been focused on adding solar first but the dash cam idea keeps popping up and I believe that may be a better first addition!
SouthStapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:08 AM   #13

Quote:

As I recently shouted at another driver while at a stop light “God moves in mysterious ways, but you don’t have to! You have turn signals!”
Rick Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yep. 2017. Same model too. Have you had any issues I should be aware of?
Absolutely a quiet, comfortable, and powerful coach to drive. Floor plan is very livable as well. We have travelled/lived aboard, for up to six months at a time. That big ISX in back will just sneeze at the western mountain states and keep on trucking uphill!

We had a chuckle coming out of Barstow, Ca. up the hill into Vegas; there is a ten mile long run up I-15 that's straight as an arrow but at about 6-7% grade all the way up (I think it's around there!)...I made the mistake of flipping the dash display over to instantaneous gas mileage.....it was sitting at 1mpg all the way up the hill...my first ever (and hopefully last!) $25.00 hill climb!!

We have had almost every source of minor heartburn on this coach, here's a few to check/look out for:

-Make sure you carry spare windshield wiper blades, and tools and know-how to change them. Factory 40" blades are IMHO too long, many switch to 36" blades with same function but fewer problems with stripped spindles, something you don't want to experience on a long trip. A $15 part can bring your trip to a dead stop if it fails.....search the forum and you should find many discussions and posts on this issue. Check the spindle nut torque before each season or long trip...

-Factory OEM water pumps were prone to early failure; you may want to upgrade pre-emptively if the factory pump is in place still

-Power cord reels prone to failure; we are on our third, original failed early, second one was just murdered by a faulty EMS (IMHO) at the pedestal.

-Carry a couple of spare replacement power shade motors, and have the tools and know-how on how to change one out, and how to program/re-program the &^^%%$% stupid things..sometimes they will just lose their mind and programming for no apparent reason. I also carry the means to roll and tie one up should the motor fail in the down position just before your morning departure. It takes a couple of hours to change one out and program the thing.

-Water hose reels are also prone to fail at inopportune times; I don't know who invented these hateful, handy devices, but they should be imprisoned!

-Step motors prone to failure; make sure to keep step gears and slides clean and well lubricated. I now carry a spare.

-Original engine power hatch motors were prone to fail early in service life. Replacement motors are now equipped with a pin and key so you can at least &%%$# unhook the motor and open/close the hatch manually until the dead one can be replaced. Most have been replaced/upgraded by now, but if the PO has not done so, you will want to change the fasteners out to the pin and key style or it will bite you at some inconvenient point on the road.

-Curious to know if your dash radio will work with XM satellite radio. Four attempts by the factory, two by the dealer, to get ours to work for more than a couple of days, still doesn't work!

-Onan genset control module prone to give up the job, usually when it's 110 degrees out there! Try cleaning the multi-plex plug on top and sealing with fusion tape and ALWAYS carry a spares kit for the gen-set; you will need it!

-Carry tools inside the coach and know how to dis-assmble the entry door locking mechanism from the inside; chances are high you will be locked in at some point....and carry a full set of door keys in a hidden magnetic key hide on the outside of the coach! Chances are pretty high you will be locked out with your keys still inside the coach....mine was running at the time!! The PTL door lock assemblies used by Entegra are pure crap!

-And just remember, the first thing to attempt a fix on an electrical 12vdc issue should ALWAYS be a 12vdc reboot of the coach.....solves a lot of quirky 12vdc issues!

That's my first take on a short list....nothing you can't overcome with a little knowledge and being forewarned!!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote