Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Updating to show the new toad. We really loved the Jeep Wrangler and do miss it, but we wanted more space, comfort/luxury, safety, and storage capacity in our toad, so we decided to go with a 2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ. Preferring not to hang my bike off a rack out in the elements, I now keep the bike, camp chairs, and a few other misc. items in the cargo bay of the Avalanche... freeing up about 25% of the basement storage space of the coach. Towing the Av with a Blue Ox Alladin and braking with SMI AirForceOne.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #30

Wow, makes our '99 Endeavor look antique!! Very nice rig you upgraded to.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
I was thinking of replacing my "hide a bed" with two recliners, but the area they would go on is only 27" deep on the slide. Can you recline or do you somehow move the recliners on to the tile floor? deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
With this floor plan (as you can see in the photos with the recliners), there is a lot of floor space when the slides are out. I use one of the recliners for quite a few hours every day (full timing for about 10 months of the year). My wife prefers the sofa. I pull the recliner out from the wall a foot and a half or so, and can turn and recline however I wish. It's wonderful... No way I would go back to two sofas. The swivel/rocker/recliners are supremely comfortable in a variety of positions.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
What type of base on the recliners do you have? Some have a "ring" others feet. Do you have part of the BASE on the slide and part on the tile, or all on the carpet of the slide? My carpet area on the slide is only 27" so I haven't found a recliner that will fit on it and still recline. deSanford PS I like watching TV on a recliner.....not having to turn my head to watch TV from the sofa.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Sanford... our recliners have the ring base. When I pull it about a foot and a half away from the wall about 1/2 of the ring is on the carpet and the other on the tile. I don't notice this, of course, while using the chair... so it's no big deal. I tend to rotate the chair toward the TV over the fireplace most of the time. I use a small, lightweight computer table to hold my lapdesk, which sits on my lap with the laptop when I'm using it and sits on the little side table when I'm not. You can see the table with laptop in the pics above. The lapdesk is not shown in the photo. This arrangement works out very well for me and I use it heavily, as a full time resident of the coach.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
You are lucky DHart as I'm sure you have a flat slide when it's out. Mine is up an inch or so. That is my problem getting a recliner. I might have to modify the wood base of the slide in order to do what you do. In the mean time I'm using the passenger seat to watch TV. It isn't very comfortable, but it does keep me awake watching TV. deSanford
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
The slide carpet is only slightly higher than the tile, not enough to present a problem.

As for staying awake... There's a good reason why I call the recliner the "sleepy chair"... It has earned that title MANY times over! :-) but I don't mind... I figure I must need the rest. ;-)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
You are lucky DHart as I'm sure you have a flat slide when it's out. Mine is up an inch or so. That is my problem getting a recliner.
Sanford... Why not get a small piece of 3/4" particle board or ply in a half round shape and slip it under the recliner on the low side to even out the height difference... It would be quick and easy to implement and hardly bothersome given the benefit provided?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
It may come to that. I even thought of putting a larger board on top of the existing slide. The problem I had with that was the recliners might protrude into the little space left when all slides are in. I'm not giving up.......if there is a will there will be a way. Thanks...deSanford
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #39

Question

Those really do look comfortable. I have a problem with my swivel chair rocker mounted on a ring base. When going on trips it wants to move all over the place. Any suggestions on keeping it still other than pushing it up aginst wall each time?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
thomas... not sure why, but my recliners stay put while going down the road. I do store them with their backs within an inch or so of the shelf behind them.

Perhaps I'm not driving wildly enough? ;-) Or the Roadmaster 10-air bag chassis? I have no idea.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
I have the booth dinette (on a slide) and I may make that into a "BED", and put the recliner on top of it when I travel. deSanford