Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfiedler View Post
We are paying $119k for ours. It has the diesel generator too, which was something I really wanted. Once I get it home, and figure out the electrical/charging system (how it is connected to each other) I will be adding 500 watts of solar to it too. I have a TriMetric waiting to be installed so I can get good load and charge data. Should be about perfect at that point.
We have the propane generator. A friend of ours has an identical unit with the diesel gen. I can't tell any difference in the two when they are running. Sound about the same and the propane economy is good. We really don't use the gen that much anyway.
Bosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosty View Post
We have the propane generator. A friend of ours has an identical unit with the diesel gen. I can't tell any difference in the two when they are running. Sound about the same and the propane economy is good. We really don't use the gen that much anyway.
I wanted a diesel generator "just because," more than anything. I find getting propane a chore since there is only one place nearby my house that can fill the tank for us whereas the diesel part is pretty easy to come by. Could just be my laziness though. I hope that the solar we install will remove the need for the generator completely anyway, but better safe than sorry!
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at this unit to downsize to. But two things are the only negative I see: The two fuel tanks - how is that wokring for you guys? And no washer/dryer combo area - which we have now and would have to have one in any we get. I messaged Thor on their web site on the washer/dryer prep (if it could be done and no reply :(
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Looking at this unit to downsize to. But two things are the only negative I see: The two fuel tanks - how is that wokring for you guys? And no washer/dryer combo area - which we have now and would have to have one in any we get. I messaged Thor on their web site on the washer/dryer prep (if it could be done and no reply :(
There is an electric rocker switch on the dash which switches between the two tanks seemlessly. It wrks very, very well. Just watch the miles remaining on the display and switch over when it reads 10 miles or so to go. It's as simple as that. However, I don't see any way to put a washer/dryer in without custom fabrication. No place to put one.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosty View Post
We just traded off our Cyclone 5th wh for the newest model in the Thor family the Four Winds Super C 33SW. Ford F-550 chassis with the Power Stroke 6.7 diesel. Great deal from Camping World.
Bosty, great looking unit. We will do our walk around 1/25 and close at the end of the day on a 2014 Thor Four Winds 35 SK. We are excited and nervous at the same time. This model is very new and I can't find any testimonials on it at all. Your thread has eased our thoughts and concerns quite a bit being it is a "similar" model. Is there anything further you can share that would settle my nerves a bit. Looking forward to the MH experience.

Thanks
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hadn't seen this thread either...very glad these Super C's are put together well.

I was very interested since there is a toy hauler version now too...the 35SG under the Outlaw brand...and with 10,000lb towing capacity, they beat the gas powered Class A Toy Haulers. And Toy Haulers are all about bringing your toys!

So that's actually 5 models:
35SW and 35SK under the Four Winds brand:
2014 Four Winds Super C Motorhomes by Thor Motor Coach
The 35 SW and 35 SK undrr the Chateau lable (different colors and fabrics):
2014 Chateau Super C RV Floor Plans (Class C Diesel Motorhomes)
Then the 35SG (G for Garage) as the Outlaw:
2014 Outlaw Class C Toy Haulers: Class C Motorhomes by Thor Motor Coach

Thanks to the OP for the updates.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I looked at these Super C's I had no idea what I was even looking at...I just thought it might be positioned between standard C's and Class A's but check out this YouTube video. I would say the these RV's surpass many Class A's for equipment, features, and options -WOW!

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice. Hope you have loads of fun with it!
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #37

Super C's seemed to taken a hit when the Kodiak was killed off (I could be wrong just an observation around here). I wonder how these compare to the Kodiak? Not that it matters since you're talking two different age groups. Tows 10k. That's got to be sweet. I think some wal-marts sell DEF a bit cheaper.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #38

We did get our 35SK picked up from the dealer. Brought it home for just a couple days to stare at, then to the underground cave storage area. I don't know if I can wait anymore.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We went to the Chicago RV show to get a good look at the 33sw & really liked it. Tried to make a deal for it, but decided to sell ours before buying.

The one thing that sticks in my mind though is the discussion from this forum: 2012 F550 6.7L Blows the Turbo - Page 7 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Anyone heard any problems with the Ford turbo?
TarpinHill Jct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarpinHill Jct View Post
We went to the Chicago RV show to get a good look at the 33sw & really liked it. Tried to make a deal for it, but decided to sell ours before buying.

The one thing that sticks in my mind though is the discussion from this forum: 2012 F550 6.7L Blows the Turbo - Page 7 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Anyone heard any problems with the Ford turbo?
The previous version 6.4 had some problems. I have not heard of any priblems with the 2013 or 14. Ours is very strong and are now getting 11 mph with 4K on the odometer. The drive train does have a 100k factory warranty from Ford.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #41

Very nice looking rig. 11mpg is great!
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #42

Solo Rvers Club
$10 / gallon for DEF? Walmart sells a 2.5 gallon jug for under $15 (I've paid around $12 at some Walmarts). Unless you have a very small DEF tank, buy the 2.5 Gallon jug (the jug is actually in a blue and white cardboard box) at Walmart and save 50%. My 3500 series Mercedes Sprinter routinely goes almost 10,000 miles on the 5 gallons of DEF before the warning light comes on.

Thanks for posting your new rig. I've been considering "graduating" from my Casita Travel Trailer to something larger. So much to choose from that it is bewildering.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor