Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Johnston View Post
what was the outcome of dash lights flickering. a friend is having the same problem.

dan
2010 Pulse, 24D
It seems that perhaps there had been something on the toggle switch that dimmed and brightened the display. Since that was a suggested cause - of course there has not been a repeat. LOL
Mike_Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #58

Hello to fellow Bentley owners! We just got ours last summer (7/16)....
Did anyone have issues with a noisy entry door...specifically road noise above 35 mph?? If you did, what was your fix or adjustment??
Thanks for any replies and congrats on the purchase of a beautiful coach!
Tim & Jamie
2017 Nexus Bentley
BentlyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentlyRV View Post
Did anyone have issues with a noisy entry door...specifically road noise above 35 mph?? If you did, what was your fix or adjustment??
Tim & Jamie
2017 Nexus Bentley
We have some noise from the door, but not enough to make it an issue. Do you get a whistle or a rattle or ?? Have you checked the door molding? Sometimes it doesn't stay seated correctly. I presume you lock the door while traveling to keep it snugged in a bit. Is the noise on the hinge side? Top or bottom?
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Cathi View Post
It seems that perhaps there had been something on the toggle switch that dimmed and brightened the display. Since that was a suggested cause - of course there has not been a repeat. LOL
We were able to duplicate the flashing lights the other day when my DH tried to adjust the brightness on the dash lights. All they did was flicker when he tried to make them brighter. We are taking the rig into the Mesa repair facility in March and will have them check this switch.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #61

Excel Owners Club
Sure glad to hear you are not having very many problems with your Bentley. I wish I could say the same thing with my Ghost 36DS. We ordered it in May last year and picked it up in July. After a week at Nexus living in it and getting things fixed we took off for a tour around the some of the great lakes. Then back to Nexus for another week at their service center. No some of it this time was not Nexus but it was International truck that the Ghost is built on.

We left there and came home for a time and then headed out for a 5500 mile trip.

After we got back from that we had some I would call serious issues and Nexus sent a driver out and picked up our rig. They had it right at 2 months trying to get it fixed. Brought it back to me and I sent it right back as there was still issues. Then when it came time to come home I drove up to Elkhart to look it over and then brought it home and when I got home it had some of the same issues again that did reappear till driving it. They think they have it figured out now so I'm waiting for parts from them and then it goes to International for the new fix.

I hope after this we can again start using it. We really like the layout of the unit and how it drives. We had a lot of customized items. It also has almost 500 watts of solar and 4 6volt AGM GC2 batteries.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to be right after this next fix.

Now to Nexus credit they have fixed every issues I had with it and corrected more while it was there.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #62

What were the issues with the chassis?
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:00 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Cathi View Post
We have some noise from the door, but not enough to make it an issue. Do you get a whistle or a rattle or ?? Have you checked the door molding? Sometimes it doesn't stay seated correctly. I presume you lock the door while traveling to keep it snugged in a bit. Is the noise on the hinge side? Top or bottom?
We had a slight noise coming from the door as well.....Home Depot...1/4 inch door insulation all the away around the door jam solved the problem.....its sticking pretty good and thick enough to be compressed by the door. We just started our and so far, knock on wood, our Bentley is still 100 percent functional though we are taking it to Mesa as well to have our battery compartment looked at. The vinyl enclosure is splitting at the seems.....the silicone or whatever they used to seal it with is not acid proof. Probably should have went with the AGM's though from experience, I know they cost quite a bit but don't last as long under adverse condition.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #64

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by b17drvr View Post
What were the issues with the chassis?
I really don't want to hijack the OP so I'll juat give a little info.

The rear axle was installed at an angle. Meaning the right side was 1 1/2' further back than the left side. This caused the rig to go somewhat sideways running down the road. I had to turn the steering wheel to keep up with the rear axle. This started a chain of events down the line in the build process which is being taken care of now.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentlyRV View Post
Tim & Jamie
2017 Nexus Bentley
We had wind noise coming in through the door that we didn't discover until we were on our way home from picking our unit up. When we got home, we found that the weather stripping wasn't attached in the upper right corner - we replaced that and as long as we make sure to close the door tightly - no more noise.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferun View Post
We had wind noise coming in through the door that we didn't discover until we were on our way home from picking our unit up. When we got home, we found that the weather stripping wasn't attached in the upper right corner - we replaced that and as long as we make sure to close the door tightly - no more noise.
That was pretty much how we discovered our noise/s as well. We also had to add a very thin strip of insulation around our dinette & couch windows. Added some caulking to the drive-side window. The entry door still needs a little more touch-up. We were just wondering if ALL Bentley owners were having the same issues. Perhaps it's just relative to what one calls "road noise" but, we believe in our case, it was pretty noisy and quite the driving stress! We have managed to make it much, much better...not quite 100%.
Still, really love the coach and we give a hearty THANKS to everyone who responded! Best wishes to our fellow Bentley owners!
Tim & Jamie
BentlyRV is offline   Reply With Quote