Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl View Post
Very Nice rig...She is Beautiful please tell her about us Motor size, Fuel Cap, Fresh Water Cap and Holding Tanks, How many she sleeps, What do you tow behind her please give us thebasic run down... Glad to see the wife enjoys it as most wife's like the husband to to the driving and the wife be the passenger and enjoy the site seeing,, LOL best of luck with your new toy
Thanks for all the nice comments - the rig sleeps two adults in the bedroom, two adults on the fold out couch in the sleeper (condo), then each couch folds out and can sleep one adult or two children. I don't tow anything now but am thinking about a Jeep Grand Cherokee (tow weight is definitely not an issue with this baby!). The grey/black water tanks are 72 gallons each, the freshwater tank is 200 gallons, and the fuel tank is 200 gallons (so about 1900 miles range). It's got a nice Bigfoot automatic leveling system, in-motion sat TV, DVD, LCD TVs, stereo inside and out, automatic awning, corian countertops, custom-made wood cabinetry, big shower (I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room), two AC units, Onan 8kW generator, convection oven, stovetop. Oh and two dinette tables - one goes in front of the rearmost sofa, and one goes in the condo between the bench seats to make a little dinette. Overall a very flexible layout.

I think that covers everything but please let me know if I missed anything. Cheers
agreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
I've wondered what it looked like inside of one of those, thanks for sharing! Very nice!

Quick question... why the different color for the seats behind the driver / passenger, than the couch?
Thanks! Elisha and Bettee Boyd from Boyd's Conversions ordered the sofas that way. The condo area matches the cab of the truck, and the other sofas match the rest of the living area, so it seems to work well. Both are a nice leather that is very soft and comfortable. Cheers
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #17

Nice! We also were going to build a truck conversion-toyhauler(had the floorplan done), when Newmar came out with the Class A toyhauler-DW won, I lost!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #18

Wow that Newmar looks really nice! Do you have more pics??
Old 06-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #19

Howdy,

Thanks for letting us all know about the specs on the rig, Your tow cap for that jeep is no match for that diesel motor if i'mnot mistaken since it is on a rig chassic you should be able to tow about 30 to 40 thousamd pounds and should be able to gross out at about 65 or 70 thousand fully loaded just for the record what are the weight specs on here what does she weight what can she tow and what is the gross combined weight all together best of luck

P.S you carry 200 gallons in fuel I carry the same on my U320C Cummins M-11 450 H.P and I can get about 1500 toped off so run about 1,000 to 1200 before refuel what motor do you have in that rig as well and the H.P too and trouqe...Again best of luck withher good hunting and mant travels also what does one of them cost new or used
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl View Post
Howdy,

Thanks for letting us all know about the specs on the rig, Your tow cap for that jeep is no match for that diesel motor if i'mnot mistaken since it is on a rig chassic you should be able to tow about 30 to 40 thousamd pounds and should be able to gross out at about 65 or 70 thousand fully loaded just for the record what are the weight specs on here what does she weight what can she tow and what is the gross combined weight all together best of luck

P.S you carry 200 gallons in fuel I carry the same on my U320C Cummins M-11 450 H.P and I can get about 1500 toped off so run about 1,000 to 1200 before refuel what motor do you have in that rig as well and the H.P too and trouqe...Again best of luck withher good hunting and mant travels also what does one of them cost new or used
I'm not sure about the weight of the truck as is... I have not put it on the scales yet. But overall you're about right for combined weight. Most guys use these for racing and pull a stacker trailer so they need the extra towing capacity.

The truck has a Volvo VED 12 diesel engine (12 liter) rated at 465 hp and about 1500 ft-lbs torque. This is a conversion, meaning its a used (2005 model year) Volvo VNL630 chassis, but converted to a Showhauler motorhome, so the "conversion" or motorhome section is all new. This one ran about $140k. If you get one built with a brand new chassis it will probably run another $75k depending on what you prefer. These truck chassis's are built to run over a million miles - my chassis has about 528k miles on it, so it's still easily got another 300k-500k miles left, which means it will probably outlast me
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #21

Howdy,

Regardless of how she was made and built she is a beautiful beast and some...Most buses, rigs and class A coaches will out last us in general if they are well cared for... As you said most of these tractors are rated for G.C.V.W @ 40 Tons (80,000) fully loaded if not more in your case since she was conveted from a tractor to a tractor Coach her toywing is about 30 to 35 fully loaded combined weight 75 to 80 thousdand fully loaded thats a lot considering I have a U320C Cummins M-11 450 H.P wit a 1550 Ft Lbs of tq my coach it self weights 32,000 fully loaded on coach can handle 40,000 towing 12,500 total weight 52,500 I have loaded her up to 55 to 60,000 fully loaded and she runs the hills and road just fine with no hassle on her I get about 11.4 empty about 10.8 half loaded and about 9.5 over weight I have a 10KW onan Gen I carry 200 gallons of fuel 105 gallons of fresh water 60/40 holding tanks and no slide on her. hyd jack and air leveling system see thru bays 44 gallon LP tank 10R 22.5 tires 2 roof airs extra 3 sets of 55W driving lights plus one set of fogs under neath most states only allow you to run 6 lights at once but on the back roads I run all the lights and it like lighting up a football in the evening make night time driving a blast ... Best of luck wit her enjoy traveling and many safe travel huntings wit her
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #22

Congrats it's very nice. I hear that those Volvo chassis are very sfot and they offer a great ride, I bet it's a lot softer then my Freightliner chassi. Good luck with it. Joe
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote