Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Welcome and glad to meet you!

Enjoy that "hard won" TT. You earned it.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
RV dealerships are kind of like a time machine. Walking into one is like going back in time to the way car dealers used to operate in the '60s. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices are a joke, snaky trade in policies, even worse F&I scams, and of course creepy stuff like the OP experienced.
yeah, and this dealer has a reputation of bait and switch tactics. unfortunately we don't have many choices here where we live in regards to places to buy.
it all good, I know how to walk away when it gets too deep. lol
FX2Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
How do you like the towing with your F150 EcoBoost?

I just bought a new Platinum.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
How do you like the towing with your F150 EcoBoost?

I just bought a new Platinum.
Congratulations! no pun intended but you just bought a truck that's gonna make you one happy camper.

I am very pleased with my truck. it's the best of both worlds.... great gas mileage not towing, good mileage while towing and an abundance of available power to get it all moving.

I had 6 Dodge Rams in a row prior to purchasing this EcoBoost.1993-2006. My brother is a tech 2 at Lakeland Dodge and he's the one who insisted I go drive the ecoboost before buying another Dodge, I did and never looked back. Much more truck then any of my Rams were.

I figured that since we've had tremendous luck with my wife's Expedition that I'd try an F-150.

(we've had my wife's Expedition 13 years and it currently has 357,000 miles on it. it's all original and has required nothing more then regular maintenance to keep it going. it's been extremely reliable over the years so she won't let me replace it with a newer one and she still drives it 162 miles a day round trip to work 5 days a week....it's crazy! )

I love my truck and can't wait for Ford to finish the 4.2 liter EcoBoost in development. from what I've read it is putting out numbers in the 405 hp and 600+ ft pounds of torque range at 3000rpm at 12 psi.
if they don't detune it, the new F-150's will be beasts.

enjoy that Platinum!!! I chose the FX2 for the sporty look. They are great trucks!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX2Crazy View Post
Congratulations! no pun intended but you just bought a truck that's gonna make you one happy camper.

I am very pleased with my truck. it's the best of both worlds.... great gas mileage not towing, good mileage while towing and an abundance of available power to get it all moving.

I had 6 Dodge Rams in a row prior to purchasing this EcoBoost.1993-2006. My brother is a tech 2 at Lakeland Dodge and he's the one who insisted I go drive the ecoboost before buying another Dodge, I did and never looked back. Much more truck then any of my Rams were.

I figured that since we've had tremendous luck with my wife's Expedition that I'd try an F-150.

(we've had my wife's Expedition 13 years and it currently has 357,000 miles on it. it's all original and has required nothing more then regular maintenance to keep it going. it's been extremely reliable over the years so she won't let me replace it with a newer one and she still drives it 162 miles a day round trip to work 5 days a week....it's crazy! )

I love my truck and can't wait for Ford to finish the 4.2 liter EcoBoost in development. from what I've read it is putting out numbers in the 405 hp and 600+ ft pounds of torque range at 3000rpm at 12 psi.
if they don't detune it, the new F-150's will be beasts.

enjoy that Platinum!!! I chose the FX2 for the sporty look. They are great trucks!
I took the New Ram out for a test drive as well. Nice truck, but hard on gas and a little more red-neck feel than the Platinum I bought. It's a lot more classy feel to me. Loaded to the nuts.

Very impressed with the feel, fuel and gobs of power. I haven't had the need to tow and won't as I have nothing to tow anymore. Sold the boat. The truck will become the towed behind our coach 4 down. Just got it all fitted.

Congrats on the TT purchase. You're definitely the winner in that deal!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #19

thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #20

That is a great story and a really, really nice TT. Congratulations and enjoy many happy hours of camping. Where in central FL are you? We just moved from Lakeland to Winter Haven.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Chick View Post
That is a great story and a really, really nice TT. Congratulations and enjoy many happy hours of camping. Where in central FL are you? We just moved from Lakeland to Winter Haven.
Thank you very much & Lake Wales

We used to live in Lakeland too.... Had to get away from all the hustle and bustle.
It's 10 minutes from my house to the Cypress Gardens East Wally World.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Thank you very much & Lake Wales

We used to live in Lakeland too.... Had to get away from all the hustle and bustle.
It's 10 minutes from my house to the Cypress Gardens East Wally World.
Oh my gosh....howdy neighbor!! We're really close as we're in Lake Ashton which is part Winter Haven and part Lake Wales. We're less than 2 miles from the Eagle Ridge Mall down Thompson Nursery Rd. We're about the same distance as you from Wal Mart. I know what you mean about leaving the hustle & bustle. I can't believe how quiet and peaceful it is here.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice TT

Nice looking truck too!!!!! Yes I drive a Ford
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good looking unit. Have fun with it. You just got out of experiencing first year depreciation. Seeya on the road.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Chick View Post
Oh my gosh....howdy neighbor!! We're really close as we're in Lake Ashton which is part Winter Haven and part Lake Wales. We're less than 2 miles from the Eagle Ridge Mall down Thompson Nursery Rd. We're about the same distance as you from Wal Mart. I know what you mean about leaving the hustle & bustle. I can't believe how quiet and peaceful it is here.
Oh I know where Lake Ashton is..... Hop, Skip and a jump from me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Nice looking truck too!!!!! Yes I drive a Ford
Why Thank you!!!! Only my second Ford but proving to be just as good as the first (First has 357,000 miles on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Good looking unit. Have fun with it. You just got out of experiencing first year depreciation. Seeya on the road.
Thanks! We definitely will be enjoying it.... As soon as we got back I was ready to go out again lol.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #26

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:

thank you. yes, we really like it.
I really do like Holiday Rambler products. They are very innovative and a well respected company. Even under any parent company. Corporate will stand behind their product, ah with a little nudging. Lol We all just gotta watch them shady dealers. Happy Camping
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
What a great story! Glad you came out on top. Enjoy, your rig is wonderful.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1233 View Post
I really do like Holiday Rambler products. They are very innovative and a well respected company. Even under any parent company. Corporate will stand behind their product, ah with a little nudging. Lol We all just gotta watch them shady dealers. Happy Camping
So far I am very pleased with the quality of the unit. I mean realistically speaking, this was probably a low price level unit @ 29K MSRP when it was new. I honestly don't know what $$ amount you have to get into for a super fancy unit but You don't see many of the lower priced units with Solid wood cabinets and such. I have been doing a few minor upgrades and I can see it is built very well.

Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penster View Post
What a great story! Glad you came out on top. Enjoy, your rig is wonderful.
Thank you