Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Posting from Sweetwater, TN, I picked up my Itasca Suncruiser 35L in Dayton this morning in the rain. PDI was standard fare and by about 1 pm I was on the road. They made sure there was nothing but vapors in the gas tank, so my first stop was a rather tricky gas station which I negotiated OK but it was trial by fire.

Initial impressions for a first-time Class A owner: kind of jumps around in the lane but after an hour or so I subconsiously adapted, found myself making frequent small corrections rather than large ones, so it got smoother as I went along.

Boy do you get comments on these things. Truckers at rest areas, kids at gas stations ($1.95/gal in Tennessee). Fun to hear.

I am 99% sure there is a bad window (driver side, above the driver windown-screen assembly, a non-opening small window). It has water and fog between the panes. It creaks and the wind noise and whistling are very loud, so it will go in the punch list for repair. Missed that one because it was raining during the PDI.

Nice owners manuals from Winnebago, so that's my bedtime reading. Tomorrow promises better weather once I get out of the Smoky's.

This is fun.
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations, Rich!

Enjoy your long ride home. We look forward to seeing pictures when you get a chance.

Safe travels,
Natasha
Old 05-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #17

We just bought a 2009 Itasca Suncruiser 32H. Same wind noise but on the passenger side. Heard it during test drive. Hopefully it will be fixed buy our pick up date next week.
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
... (close to retirement, but not quite there yet!).
This time you are absolutely, positively gonna pull that plug - right? {grin...}

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo
This time you are absolutely, positively gonna pull that plug - right?
How could I possibly afford a new Suncruiser if I retire ?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, I made it home finally - today was a 650 mile trek through lots of rain, mountains and moderate winds at times. At one point the above double-glaze window actually accumulated about a half inch of water between the two panes.

I thought maybe they threw in the optional aquarium feature, but, alas, no fish. That's the only problem after my 1100 mile drive.

I'm favorably impressed wtih the F53 chassis - plenty of power on the hills, bounced around about what I expected from my travel trailer experience, smooth ride. Big truck turbulence does get your attention once in a while, but nothing that alarmed me so far.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #21

Rich, Best wishes and safe travels to you and your family.Enjoy the new coach, Jerry
ntagnizr is offline   Reply With Quote