Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
RV Driving School has instructors all around the U.S. Many iRV2.com members have used their services and reported reviews on this site.

https://www.rvschool.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2Driver View Post
RV Driving School has instructors all around the U.S. Many iRV2.com members have used their services and reported reviews on this site.

https://www.rvschool.com

Thank you for this information
2shadycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #73

Rv driving course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW4UA View Post
I just got back from Tampa with our new Phaeton. Took the RV driving course there and it was great. It really helped bringing it home and understanding how to turn, back etc. Highly recommend it.
Hi, am in Orlando now and would love to take the driving course. Who did you use? Thank you!
w1ll0wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";747339][B][URL="http://rv101.tv/category/rv-training-2/
Love your videos but is it still only DVD? We dont have DVD players anymore
Rcadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #75

Where in Tampa did you take the driving class?
clmaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmaples View Post
Where in Tampa did you take the driving class?
They may have used LazyDays but I was informed it closed do to covid. I was told I would have someone to go over everything including driving once my new Allegro Red arrives from the factory.
EagleTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:34 AM   #77

There's a very simple, but hard and fast rule about backing up that I haven't seen in any of these lessons. This rule works 199% and has been invaluable to me... (When I remember it...)

Most pilots get confused very quickly, when backing, mostly because of orientation and the reverse view in the mirrors...

So here it is...

When backing up a normal rig (5th wheel, or TT...) the first thing to do is drop your hand from the top of the steering wheel to hold the bottom of the steering wheel... Now when you "push" the wheel, the back of your rig will move in that direction! If you push the steering wheel to the right (from the bottom) the back of your rig will turn to the right.

Another way to wrap your head around it is...
The direction of the BACK OF THE FRONT WHEELS on your two vehicle pointing is where your rig is going to go.
In other words, you've turned you steering wheel all the way over, like you are going to make a hard right hand turn (moving forward) the back of your front tires is pointing to the left...
When you put your tow vehicle in reverse... the back of your rig is going to go to the left.
bobphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:05 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleTampa View Post
They may have used LazyDays but I was informed it closed do to covid. I was told I would have someone to go over everything including driving once my new Allegro Red arrives from the factory.
MY motorhome finally arrived 5 months after I ordered it! I take delivery tomorrow. I was planning on a slow move-in. Instead I have 24 hours to get on the road or start moving reservations.
EagleTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #79

RV driving course?

Hi, I am new to this forum and also relatively new to driving an RV. My husband does most of the driving...if I felt more comfortable I would drive more. Where can you take RV driving courses? Any links you can post would be appreciated! (We have an Emblem 36H and pull a car on a tow dolly). Thanks in advance!
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:20 PM   #80

Commercial CDL Driver Trainer and Federally Certified Instructor

I have personally been driving in a commercial truck for over forty years. I am retiring this coming January of 2023. However will be retaining my CDL and certifications. Have instructed over a 1000 drivers also.
Plan on teaching individuals on pulling 5th wheels trailers, motor homes and buses.
rescudiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote