Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #1

The Land Yacht

Fairly new RV driver here. 3000 miles in the Bounder, and 800 miles (maiden voyage) in 1995 Vogue Prima Vista. Purchased in Albuquerque last Saturday, and now at home in SoCal.

We sold our beloved "Walter" (1991 Bounder named after Walter White) to a neighbor, and the neighbor is VERY happy with it. He should be. Walter has ALL new furniture, flooring, tires, batteries, wallpaper, kitchen counter, tiled walls in the kitchen, new mattress/bed (once slept on)....etc.

We LOVED our first RV! We loved sitting in it, cooking, and sleeping. We didn't like driving it! It was pushed all over by the big rigs, and it would do Cajon Pass at 25MPH (MAJOR pain!).

So we decided to get a "pusher". But not just ANY pusher. We wanted "vintage", "special", and "unique". We zeroed in on 1985 Prevost (MINT, MINT, and then some!). Unfortunately, only the cash would buy it (no financing on the unit of that age), and it became VERY expensive proposition.

Choice #2........Vogue! But not just ANY old Vogue. Had to be MINT, unique, and "special". Within the cash available of course. And then we saw "Kristin" (someday I might explain the spelling)!

She is 40' long, sits on Alcoas, has 350 Cat coupled to Allison World, new tires, and everything else that came with it stock. And boy is she pretty! We found her in Albuquerque (800 miles away), and we HAD TO drive over there to get her. If you never entered Prima Vista, you should do yourself a favor and look at one. The interior can be described only as EXQUISITE. From rich wood, to Corian, to glass, leather, fixtures......it's hard to describe. The difference between Bounder, and Prima Vista is like comparing a Yugo, with S class Benz. Honestly.

She doesn't care if she is climbing the grade, or she is on the flat. Big rigs don't have any effect on her, and just like a capricious lady, she shrugs off the looks of the big rig drivers, with a contemptuous smile. If I let her run, she leaves them looking at her behind with ease.

We are happy,.... really happy to have such a special motorhome.

And may I present.............drumroll..........Kristin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	117592  
Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #2

Boy, what a Beaut!!! Congratulations, and many Happy Trails! If you get a chance would love to see some inside photos. Thanks
RoundTheBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

SHE is Shweet!! I felt the same when I found my 91 Foretravel U-300 Grand Villa Unihome. Classic style,Gets thumbs up everywhere we go.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

Thank you Gents.

As requested:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PrimaVista1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	117594   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista3.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	117595  

Name:	PrimaVista4.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	117596   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista5.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	117597  

Old 01-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #5

Few more:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PrimaVista5.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	117598   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista6.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	117599  

Name:	PrimaVista7.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	117600   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista8.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	117601  

Old 01-28-2016, 09:50 AM   #6

Still coming (but you asked for it!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PrimaVista9.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	117602   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista10.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	117603  

Name:	PrimaVista11.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	117604   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista12.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	117605  

Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Wow. That's a beauty. Enjoy.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #8

Last of it (I promise!)

Pictures don't do it justice. The way she was put together screams "QUALITY". One has to touch and feel the fabrics, leather, and wood, to really comprehend.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PrimaVista13.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	117606   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista14.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	117607  

Name:	PrimaVista15.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	117608   Click image for larger version

Name:	PrimaVista16.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	117609  

Old 01-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #9

And now the remodel can begin! (not really a remodel, but a little upgrade). Starboard couch is coming out, cabinet maker is coming today to take measurements, and he will build a cabinet in the length of the couch, made of the same wood as the rest of it, and "aged" to match. Cabinet will have elevated, folding "desk" that can be utilized from the pass chair (computer use, writing letters, etc.). The rest of the cabinet will hide motorized 46" flat screen, and the original TV (visible in the pics) will be removed, and replaced with a custom made bar (by the same cabinet maker).

And that's all we will do to her, to make her "ours".
Old 01-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #10

Nice coach, have fun with it. Is that 100,000 miles, hard to tell with the glare.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #11

Very nice. So cool to see these old ladies kept alive.
JJOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Nice coach, have fun with it. Is that 100,000 miles, hard to tell with the glare.
Yup. 101305 right now (after the trip home).

Regarding "old ladies being kept alive".........this is Internet, and after a while we feel like we "know" each other, but not really. Wife and I are "vintage" people. We live on 140 acre horse ranch (we have 5 horses), and our house was built in 1865 (looks like new inside and out). It's also furnished with high quality furniture, and fixtures from the late 1800s.

We got married in Tombstone, AZ in the period clothing (the whole wedding party), with horses, guns, and everything else that goes with the period. We drink our morning java brewed in the old percolator, cook in the cast iron pots and pans.......you get the picture.

To us.....this "old lady" is VERY new (1995 was just "yesterday"!! )! I am retired, and I like to restore things (all kinds of things,.......from Rolex watches, guns, motorcycles, airplanes, boats, cars.......), so this "old lady" will be well taken care off, and in better condition/performance than anything built last year.

I guess one can say that we are the suckers for the "retro" look, and no expense will be spared to keep her in the top shape (just like the rest of our vehicles, and besides her, we own 10 of them).

I always say that any fool can pony up some funds for the new (anything). But where is joy in that? Rejuvenating something like this (getting to know her deep inside), is what makes ME tick.

I also fly an old Cessna that I restored, and the thing is barely younger than me!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #13

So very nice, Dang!!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #14

Beautiful coach. This is a great example of why the stupid 10 year rule that some campgrounds have is stupid.
georgew48 is offline   Reply With Quote