Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #1

02 concentrator on Magnum inverter

Has anyone tried running an Inogen 02 concentrator, home unit, off a Magnum 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter?
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR2004 View Post
Has anyone tried running an Inogen 02 concentrator, home unit, off a Magnum 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter?
I have not used that particular device but I carry a small device called a kilowatt. You plug it into an outlet and then the device plugs into it. It tells you how many watts the device is using. I think it is a must have and any time I get a new device I check the power draw.

The other thing I would be worried about on an electronic device is that you have a MSW inverter. I have heard of MSW inverters damaging electronics.

A pure sine wave inverter is always preferred. You might look into a small PSW dedicated for that one device. When searching for devices that require a PSW medical devices are on the list, along with microwave and TVs and anything with a motor in it.

The O2 concentrator is expensive and a newer inverter would be cheaper than a new one.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #3

At approximately 18 pounds, this lightweight home oxygen concentrator is half the weight of some other home oxygen concentrators in use today. That makes our 5-liter oxygen concentrator easy to bring with you from room to room as needed. Additionally, the Inogen At Home is an extremely energy efficient oxygen concentrator. It runs at very low power consumption levels — the same as a standard 100W light bulb — which saves you money in electricity costs and can pay for itself over the long term.

100 watts at flow level 2

Latest electronics probably will not tolerate modified sine wave AC power. Check with the manufacturer. Internet experts are not reliable enough to answer health questions.

A 300 watt sine wave inverter would not cost much. For 100 watts it could be connected to the battery using an automotive cigarette lighter outlet.

For more than 150 watts the inverter would need to be connected directly to the house battery using a heavier gauge cable.

The unit may need to be reasonably level to work properly. It is not intended to be used in mobile situations. Check with the manufacturer.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #4

I have contacted the manufacturer a couple times and told them what I have asked here.. We will get back to you.. We don't know.. Never get back to me.. We used the generator last while parked at walmarts with no problem.. Wife just needs it for sleeping.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #5

Owners have installed a PSW with or without built in auto transfer switch for their fridges.
It would probably be easiest to mount a a small PSW inv. under her night stand floor and run AC line through floor to dedicated outlet.
A small 300watt PSW could be hidden away near bed or outside and just short cord wired to an outlet to opposite side bed box. I have seen at least one member make 12v wall out with high amp RC car/plane plug instead of cig lighter outlet .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #6

my DW also uses an O2 concentrator while sleeping, when we first dry camped with it i checked with our supplier and they said to use a pure sine wave inverter, otherwise could damage the concentrator. It was a large unit that used 3.4 amps at 110 volt. a real power hog on inverter. I since found a continous flow concentrator that draws .9 amp at 110, about 11 amps at 12 volt. purchased one of those for our trip to Alaska in 19, used it in the 5w and whenever we go anywhere, has 2500 hrs on it, started making noise, got a 2nd one for our last long trip. It draws about 13.5 amps at 12 volt. YMMV

Tags
inverter