Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
As with the other 10 threads regarding this rule

It's their park, it's their money, it's their rules IMHO....

Would you want me telling you what you do with your rv ?
No ? Then they would like to run their park like they want to as well .

Too many people are in too many OTHER peoples business as it is...
Live and Let live, please
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #30

The guys with the "HIGH" end coaches would hate it worse if someone with a "HIGHER" end coach pulled into next to him.....just sayin'
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
The guys with the "HIGH" end coaches would hate it worse if someone with a "HIGHER" end coach pulled into next to him.....just sayin'
The only "attitude" I've ever experienced anywhere, be it a public or private park, was from people that, for whatever reason - economics or preference, were traveling in something much more "modest" than we were at the time. The first time I was on the receiving end of a snide comment at a park was after we'd purchased our 30' travel trailer, many years ago now. I've never gotten anything from folks clearly at a higher level of economic achievement than I other than friendly waves or conversation. Spent a lot of time with a nice couple traveling in a Prevost a few years ago.

Divest yourself of any chip you may be carrying on your shoulder and your world of potential new friends and experiences widens considerably. We're all sharing the same facilities, and for the same reasons.

Don't care what you're traveling in, if you recognize us or our rig as sharing the same park as you, stop by for a visit. It's all about the people and the places we can experience and enjoy on our life journey.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #32

Jayco Owners Club
If it was my RV park and I didn't want someone in it... they wouldn't be. RV park owners put out a lot of money and work to build and maintain these facilities. Get over it. The last time I stayed in AZ, I was close to people in an ancient 5er with 4 kids under 7 and all of them screamed... often... It was apparent that it had been there for several months. I love kids, but you had to be there to appreciate this situation. I've stayed there several times and over the last 2 years, it has gone downhill fast... new manager... I hope they figure this out. I won't be back if they haven't cleaned up their act. I know someone close that will drive through and give me a good report.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
The only "attitude" I've ever experienced anywhere, be it a public or private park, was from people that, for whatever reason - economics or preference, were traveling in something much more "modest" than we were at the time. The first time I was on the receiving end of a snide comment at a park was after we'd purchased our 30' travel trailer, many years ago now. I've never gotten anything from folks clearly at a higher level of economic achievement than I other than friendly waves or conversation. Spent a lot of time with a nice couple traveling in a Prevost a few years ago.

Divest yourself of any chip you may be carrying on your shoulder and your world of potential new friends and experiences widens considerably. We're all sharing the same facilities, and for the same reasons.

Don't care what you're traveling in, if you recognize us or our rig as sharing the same park as you, stop by for a visit. It's all about the people and the places we can experience and enjoy on our life journey.
You really didn't get it, did you? No chip to be found on my shoulder..
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
You really didn't get it, did you? No chip to be found on my shoulder..
A bit defensive? You did put High in quotes and italics.

This whole thread makes me think of a school principal I worked with that went to a workshop and got a wild hair to come back to our school and write every rule in the positive, don't use the word NO in any of them. He thought it would make the school seem more welcoming. We spent a morning staff meeting trying to re-word every rule to meet the criteria. It was a ridiculous exercise, but it did make us think about it and how welcoming it is to see a long list of "No..."

Some campgrounds could benefit from such a workshop, I've been in a couple that had large signs with a list of more than 20 "No...." I imagine they were listed because the banned behavior had been committed and they felt the need to put it in writing. Problem is, no one ever thinks the rule pertains to them.

A 10 year age limit doesn't bother me because I don't look for the kind of parks that have or enforce such a rule. Most of the time a large "No..." sign just gives people that ignore rules the idea the prohibited behavior is possible. In a local park I walk our dog I see a sign on a shelter fireplace wall that says "No Climbing" It never entered my mind that the stonework was climbable until they posted the sign. Likewise, I don't constantly look at an RV and judge it's age. If it's maintained, it doesn't matter.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #35

No shirt, no shoes, no service.

They can reserve the right to cater to the wants of their target customers. Like black tie events etc...
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #36

Rexhall Owners Group
We own a motel with attached RV parking in Oregon. I don't judge a person by the age of the RV but by the person them selves. I have asked one person to leave after giving back a refund and have met the nicest folks in older RV's.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #37

Bad BUSINESS!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Getting Around the 10-year rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
I see a whole lot of these larger campground with the 10 year old coach rule.(No COACHES ALLOWED OVER 10 YEARS OLD).I see a lot of motorhomes on here that are a lot older than 10 years old and they still look brand new,Over the last 15 or so years the body style hasn't changed that much,the main thing that has changed is the colors and the graphics,and yes I will be the first to say they do look a lot nicer.

So is it the campground that don't want us in there or the people with the high end coach don't want to be parked beside a 15 year old ugly coach.
I've never had a problem with this in my '01 Exec. Offer to send a picture and assuming your coach isn't riddled with body damage, the should let you in.
I've seen some mighty old Monacos and Holiday Ramblers from the 1990's that look great and are parked in campgrounds with that ten year old rule.
Indio, CA might be different....
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #39

I agree with what someone else said earlier......it's all about having a park full of well maintained RV's. Not some pile of junk that while the wife and kids enjoy their vacation the dad stays at the camper tearing stuff apart and fixing it for the ride home. Same reason a lot of home communities don't want you working on a car in your driveway. It just looks bad and is an eye sore potential. Fortunately I live in the country and can work on my cars in the driveway....although I still do it in the garage since that's where my tools are. I also keep my things in good working condition and cosmetically solid all the time. I don't fix body panels with duct tape and coat hangers and if something is dirty it gets washed.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
With all that was said,I agree 100%,it's the campground owners choice.
Now how do you feel about the 55+ rule,Do you not want no 45 year old punk parked next to you.
And Schrederman,I don't have anything to get over.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:48 PM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are two theories as to why parks do that.. One , which I think is the official reason the parks would give you is to keep out Trash. Like Wendell across from me with his 24 year old Blue Bird Buss that is in Gorgeous condition I mean it's pristine... (Clearly not trash).

MY theory is that they have so much business that they needed to find a rule to "Filter" Out some of it and thus they clearly do not need my business.. I formed this theory less than a year after buying a brand new Class A so even though the age of the RV was measured (then)( in Months. If they ask, I, back then, "Less than one year but I'll park elsewhere" Today it's 10 years old.. But I am still "Parked elsewhere" Just 3 miles down the road is a park with that kind of a rule.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #42
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If you've been on the forum for more than a year, you've seen this type of post at least twice.

Here's how it goes......some new guy with an older coach reads about the 10 year rule, doesn't think about why the rule is in place, gets his panties in a bunch and proclaims that all parks with this rule must be snooty. Then a bunch of lemmings jump in and agree.

It's been discussed at least 20 times......RV parks are run no differently than apartment building rentals. Once they take in a dirt bag, it takes months and a ton of paperwork to evict them. The ten year rule gives them the ability to screen out the people who are living in an RV by necessity, not choice.

I would bet that those who find the rule offensive, could also be found rating a campground as poor because it had a bunch of crummy old RV's there.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote