Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Red face 12 Volt problems, need help

We lost power to our fridge, after checking the fridge out I realized we had lost the 12 volts for our levelers as well as some of the other dash devices. I can still start the MH, and both chassis and cabin batteries have a good charge. Checked all fuses that I could find in the electrical junction box, and the "salesman switch" by the door.
Finally traced the issue to one wire that leads from the RV junction box back to the generator battery positive. I removed this cable in the junction box, jumpered back to the battery, and everything works as far as i can tell. This is not a good permanent solution, any ideas what the issue could be? I checked the Gen breakers and they are not tripped either.

Thanks
2000 Georgie Boy Landau DP
rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"Finally traced the issue to one wire that leads from the RV junction box back to the generator battery positive. "

Is the junction box your Battery Control Center (BCC)? Is there a manufacturer and part number?
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Sorry, by junction I meant the rats nest of wires they put under the driverside window on the Landau.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #4

What wire was it?
And how did you check fuses; visually or meter?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
On the diagram, it is the large lug on the upper left. The largest wire that goes down. It actually goes from there straight to the Generator 12v in.

Fuses I visually inspected while tracking the wire.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinh View Post
Sorry, by junction I meant the rats nest of wires they put under the driverside window on the Landau.
1. If that wire was the heavy red wire connected to solenoid (A) (bottom center of the drawing) that is the AUX battery disconnect. See if that solenoid actually connects voltage when the "salesmen switch is thrown>

The row of circuit breakers along the right side of the panel can be reset by the small button on the side of the breaker.

The levelers have their own breaker to the left of that battery disconnect.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
This is a better layout of the main wiring for the Landau. It's actually for the 2001, but the basic diagram may be easier to understand than the ball of yarn from GeorgieBoy.

More info is available here in the 2001 Owners Manual. The wire colors are different. http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/14128237.pdf

and Welcome to IRV2
Old 02-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Need to mention- the 2001 drawing states the fuse blocks are located under the dash on the passenger side. True for 2001 model but our 2000 fuses are in that rats nest panel below the drivers seat. Ignition fuses are in the freightliner boxes in the back of that same compartment. (your ignition circuits work)
It sounds like power is not getting from the aux battery and by connecting direct to the battery you have bypassed the disconnect switch or the main 175amp fuse.
If you also do not have 12 volt interior power, lights, roof vent, tv booster, and emergency start switch, etc --the problem may be the Aux Batt disconnect circuit. Switch or solenoid..

Good luck...
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Thanks!
That drawing is much easier to understand. 12v interior lights are working. As well as steps. You are probably right I will go back and check these connections again with the meter. I have to find that 175 amp fuse and check it.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #10

I have a different electrical problem.
My slides just stopped. Manual shows a reset button but I cannot find it anywhere.
My coach is 2000 Pace Arrow Vision 35 ft. Can someone help?
drbdbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424540504.040836.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  131.6 KB

What are these three solenoids actually supposed to do? Should there be continuity across the terminals?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Ok I get it two on the right are positive from aux and chass batteries. The one on the left is the power in from chass and out to my levelers, fridge, ect. That's where there is a blockage. Is it a bad solenoid?

Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club

As you can see my layout is different??? (may be the same before you moved the cables??) The bottom relay with the white label is the Aux battery disconnect.
The upper right solenoid is the Emergency start relay and connects the Coach and chassis batteries together.
The upper left solenoid connects the chassis power when the ignition is on.

The black strip on the far right is the circuit breakers. They have a small black pin on the side that is visible when they trip.

I suspect one of your solenoids is not working. You should be able to hear them activate.

Hope this helps..

Tags
12 volt, need help