Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
18000 or 34000 miles; should I care?

So all else being equal I’d opt for the lower milage coach. As it is the lower milage coach is also the higher option coach. I’m trying to get the lower milage coach folks closer to the price point of the other one, and there are some other extenuating circumstances, but the question is, does the extra 14000 miles really make any difference?
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2020, 04:41 PM   #2

On a diesel? No! On a gas? Not much.
crb478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
So all else being equal I’d opt for the lower milage coach. As it is the lower milage coach is also the higher option coach. I’m trying to get the lower milage coach folks closer to the price point of the other one, and there are some other extenuating circumstances, but the question is, does the extra 14000 miles really make any difference?
Didn't you just buy a Ventana ? Or are you collecting them ?
Old 05-27-2020, 08:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
Didn't you just buy a Ventana ? Or are you collecting them ?
Both. DW says buy both and see which one I like better

Here’s the Cliff’s notes:

So when it rains it pours. I went a year without seeing a single 2016 3427 for sale, then one pops up, I make a deal on it, place a deposit, order and pay for a washer and dryer ($2500), then another pops up today with half the milage, same price (after some haggling) and a lot more options.

What to do....? DW says buy both and see which one I like better (it’s our anniversary today). The higher milage one had 2019 tires (Goodyear 670’s), but that’s about the only real issue in its favor at this point. So I have some sortin to do....
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I had a set of the G670s. I wouldn't have them up my shorts even if I had room for a sawmill. Worst tire on the market
Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 PM   #6

Which floorplan does DW (and you) like better? That is what folks tire of first, a floorplan that they do not really really like. Generally higher quality MH's last stay looking nice longer without squeaks, vibrations, and rattles annoying you while driving.
re: Buying both; have you both created a plan to dispose of the unwanted MH and recoup invested money in a depreciating asset? I don't have any desire to know, just thinking out loud.
FWIW, I had Goodyear G670 LR H 22.5 tires on my MH until they were 9 years old. Never once experienced any negative issue with them. Sold them to a farmer for his grain truck, guess he's still running them.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #7

Quote:

So when it rains it pours. I went a year without seeing a single 2016 3427 for sale, then one pops up, I make a deal on it, place a deposit, order and pay for a washer and dryer ($2500), then another pops up today with half the milage, same price (after some haggling) and a lot more options.

What to do....? DW says buy both and see which one I like better (it’s our anniversary today). The higher milage one had 2019 tires (Goodyear 670’s), but that’s about the only real issue in its favor at this point. So I have some sortin to do....
Curious, I think I saw the ad for the 34k mile coach. What are those black strips on the floor in front of the couch?
Something for the slide? And do you pick them up after the slide is out?
Seems like a nice coach. Good size.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Curious, I think I saw the ad for the 34k mile coach. What are those black strips on the floor in front of the couch?
Something for the slide? And do you pick them up after the slide is out?
Seems like a nice coach. Good size.
They just protect the floor from the rollers but I suspect most folks store them and they are only seen on coaches for sale.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Which floorplan does DW (and you) like better? That is what folks tire of first, a floorplan that they do not really really like. Generally higher quality MH's last stay looking nice longer without squeaks, vibrations, and rattles annoying you while driving.
re: Buying both; have you both created a plan to dispose of the unwanted MH and recoup invested money in a depreciating asset? I don't have any desire to know, just thinking out loud.
FWIW, I had Goodyear G670 LR H 22.5 tires on my MH until they were 9 years old. Never once experienced any negative issue with them. Sold them to a farmer for his grain truck, guess he's still running them.
Both are the same floor plan hence the dilemma. The first two I’ve seen in a year of watching - one year model. 2016 and both appeared within a week of each other. The one that came up today is a much higher option coach, I negotiated the same price and it has around half the milage (52.9% to be specific). I like the colors on the other one (silvers and maroon) but I don’t buy used vehicles based on color, and I like the interior of the lower milage coach better.

It’s going to be a bit awkward and not in my nature to back out of the other deal, but short of buying both, which I agree is dumb, I don’t really see much choice. Higher option, less milage, nicer interior, etc. So....
Old 05-28-2020, 05:02 AM   #10

Save yourself from the quicksand. Go with the one DW likes.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:38 AM   #11

Quote:

Funny how that works. I've been searching for a used Jeep Wrangler for about a year. Finally found one. Right color, mileage, history and price. Bought it. I still get hits on Jeeps from all my searches but I immediately delete them. Scared I might find a better deal. Good luck !
Old 05-28-2020, 06:42 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Just a note from experience, In the future once you commit to buy quit looking.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Just a note from experience, In the future once you commit to buy quit looking.
Right - should have thought about deleting those saved searches. Their great for jumping on a rare find, but not so good after finding one.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Update on outcome

So I was awake half the night balancing my conscience having committed to the higher milage coach, and common sense leaning toward the lower milage one. As luck would have it I got a call the next morning saying it would be a couple weeks till the one I made the deal on would be ready due to shipping damage on the washer/dryer.

So that gave me a graceful way out - they already knew I wanted a coach by June 8th or so. I made a deal on the lower milage one and I am so glad it worked out that way. It’s not only lower milage, less use, but much higher option with oasis, cherry cabinets, tile in the bedroom, washer dryer, nav, 15k btu ACs, EMS, sleep number, and on and on, and even though the interior was nice on the other, I like this one better.

So this ended well and I’m very happy. This coach has also has a residential fridge which I know is popular but for me it’s the only downside as I like the propane fridge option. But buying used, you do the best you can and I think I did pretty good

The 450hp New Aire would have been nice but this was about $200k cheaper and with grandkids and dogs, a better choice for my purposes. Also it’s just about as nice inside as a New AIRE - close enough for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0088F775-835E-443F-AAE8-E9A90701FC2A.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	288096