Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
1993 Newmar Kountry Aire HVAC

I have a 1993 Newmar Kountry Aire, 25th anniversary edition. It came from the factory with a rear fan for the heating ducts under the floor. The fan is no longer working, can not find how to access. Newmar said it was under the bed, ripped out carpet and insulation, no access panel. Any help would be great, as without this fan, and only the fan on the gas heater, it heats the RV but uses 2 to 3 times as much LPG. Thanks diagrams, info would be most appreciated.
rv1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #2

The furnace on mine has a squirrel cage fan under the kitchen cabinets and I've seen no evidence of a second fan. Was it an extra option? We have what sounds like to be almost identical models but I know they could be optioned out differently.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
The furnace on mine has a squirrel cage fan under the kitchen cabinets and I've seen no evidence of a second fan. Was it an extra option? We have what sounds like to be almost identical models but I know they could be optioned out differently.
I believe it was an option, when it was working it was great, then one time when I turned on the heat, I could no longer hear it. But on one seems to know where it is located or how to get to it. Thanks for your reply.
rv1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:01 PM   #4

Sorry I can't be of more help but I have a feeling that owners of our exact model of coach are few and far between.
When I was trying to figure out my furnace I found I could see my fan from the exterior access panel by the kitchen area. When I got it running I noted in short order the airflow from the vents was pretty weak. The rearmost one in particular. In my case I think that's all I get though.

I've noticed other RV's sometimes have northern climate options such as heat directed to the basement to keep the tanks and plumbing from freezing. I wonder if yours is one such. (Wish mine was.)

As such forums go, this one is pretty darn big and busy. I wonder if your question might get more help if you reposted it in the Newmar section?

Last thing, does your coach has those little lights at the floor going down the hall? If so, what turns them on and off? Do you know?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:24 PM   #5

Ack, ran across this old thread while searching for something else. I guess this fella hit and ran.

Anyway, the "theater" lights as I like to call them, are controlled by a switch on the dash labeled "courtesy". Which switch confused me by having no effect on the lights which stayed on until I hit the battery disconnect switch. Some other wiring issues seemed to affect the switch operation because when I took care of those then it started working. For a couple of months and then it quit again. At some point maybe it will gain priority on my to-do list. Until then I grit my teeth and try to ignore it.

Tags
air, newmar