Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2021, 06:16 AM   #1

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34T wiring

Hello All,

I'm in the process of getting a 2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34T back on the road after sitting for 9 years. I have the majority of the hard work done but have some wiring issues I can't quite trace down.

Owner had a drivers side inside back duel blow and it tore out some wires just in front of the tire well, unfortunately I can't see where they were torn from or belong because they were pulled out of the the inside of the motor home. I'm thinking, because there are multiple colored wires they may be to the black and grey water tank sensors because I have no readings to those on the dash display and the wires are directly in front of the drain area.

I'm looking for a wiring diagram and/or advise on how to proceed.

Lastly, over the last 9 years it's developed a couple roof leaks - what is the best to seal these? I've seen leak tape, self leveling sealer, calking - or a combination of all?

Thanks in advance, Rhino
Rhino 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 12:52 PM   #2

If those multicolored wires are rather small, then yeah, I'd wager they are for the tank sensors.

On the roof, yeah, a combination of all three with heavy emphasis on Eternabond tape. That's the easiest to work with, sticks forever if the surface of the roof is clean. I believe you mean 'caulking'...which is a generic term and 'self-leveling' (Dicor) would be the same thing, it's a caulking. I'd not recommend Silicone for the roof, as it has no UV resistance.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #3

Pre-2009 Fleetwood support (non-supported)

Just an fyi to all looking for pre-2009 Fleetwood support, received the following after providing all requested information to get plumbing and or wiring diagrams through REV RV:
"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we are not able to provide the requested information, as it was built by the previous Fleetwood Enterprises which closed under bankruptcy in 2009. We recommend that you seek the assistance of a dealer or repair facility. To locate a dealer, go to www.revgroup.com and within the website select Recreation and locate the “find a dealer” button for your brand. We also have REV RV Service and Repair centers in Decatur, Indiana and Coburg, Oregon."
Old 08-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Rhino,

I also have a 2000 34T and will crawl under there and take a few photos for you if you still need help. From the description, though, I agree that they are likely water system sensor wires.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 08-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Driver side wheel well photos

Hi Rhino,

Here are a few pictures I captured this afternoon inside the rear wheel well of my 2000 Bounder 34T, hoping that these pictures help you decipher what shredded wire goes where in your coach.

Best Regards,
Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_145514.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	339791   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_145458.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	339792  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_145439.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	339793  
Old 08-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
The pictures weren't upside down when I snapped them. Sorry about that, Chief! I hope you can rotate them to where they make sense!

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 08-17-2021, 04:54 AM   #7

Thank you very much, these will help a bunch!

Tags
bounder, fleetwood