Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2017, 01:54 AM   #1

2006 Fleetwood Morgan (FEMA) Trailer

I desperately need to know exactly where the water heater is.

And I REALLY need the owner's manual which would probably tell me where the water heater is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance -- Karen
ksull2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 05:06 AM   #2

I pulled up a picture of a Fleetwood Morgan Travel Trailer and it looks like there is a water heater vent cover located rearward of the passenger side door. In any case, if your heater isn't where it is shown in the pictures, just look for the water heater vent cover on your trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	168797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	168798  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
And I REALLY need the owner's manual which would probably tell me where the water heater is.
Probably not, nor anything else useful. In any case, amenities like manuals is one of many things left out of the cut-rate FEMA trailers.

In any case, look for the exterior access panel as shown in Bigd9 post.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:08 AM   #4

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated and very useful.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksull2001 View Post
Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated and very useful.
Since you said "very useful", i'm taking it that you found the water heater. Hope you got it all figured out by now.

Just throwing this out there in case you're still scratching your head. I know that some of the FEMAs had regular residential type appliances and fixtures in them. I'm certainly not positive about this but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the trailers had small residential WHs installed instead of the typical rv types.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 AM   #6

Actually, I haven't found it. Been all around the trailer and see no vents anywhere. But at least I know what I'm looking for. There is a maintenance man in the park where I live -- very smart and very knowledgeable.

Again, thanks for all your help. Karen
Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #7

Has to be in a cubicle behind a false wall then...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksull2001 View Post
Actually, I haven't found it. Been all around the trailer and see no vents anywhere. But at least I know what I'm looking for. There is a maintenance man in the park where I live -- very smart and very knowledgeable.

Again, thanks for all your help. Karen
If there is no WH panel on an outside wall that looks like the pics that Bigd9 posted, then you don't have a standard RV type water heater. Could instead be a small residential type, or a small tankless.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:44 AM   #9

You and 4x4van have given me a clue where to look. I thank you both for your help
Old 07-19-2017, 04:49 AM   #10

This is a huge help. Think I can find it now. Karen
Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 AM   #11

Good luck with it, there was very little standardization in building those FEMA trailers, they were all about getting what they could get into the field as fast as possible. Thousands of them were auctioned off one by one at my local fairgrounds in 2008-2009, I considered buying one at the time, and looked at hundreds of them. About 30% were just standard off the lot travel trailers, a few of which were nicer models, many were trashed, some had pet smells so bad no one dared step inside, but about 30% of those auctioned off were never issued out, most of these were the more basic park models. In looking at the park models lined up side by side it was obvious that little regard was given to anything other than build them to minimum specs and get them out the door, exact make and model of appliances were whatever they could get that day. It was a crazy time watching those auctions, they would sell 500 fema trailers in a day (that was how many would fit on fairgrounds, thousands more were stored at the local airport) then do it again every 3-4 weeks for months. I saw new never issued basic park models sell for under $1,000 some days, and on other days bidding frenzy would occur, and travel trailer units who had been stripped for parts (stoves, sinks, cabinets gone) were going for $5,000.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 AM   #12

I would have enjoyed watching some of those auctions.

I bought my 2006 FEMA because it was all electric, had a good-sized bathroom and shower, no tub (a real bonus) and a slide out.

Biggest concern was the formaldehyde. Web searches convinced me that the formaldehyde had dissipated by the time I bought it. Bought it in February, 2012 and have been very happy with it.

Thanks for your post. Liked hearing about the auctions.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You've had it for more than 5 years, and you don't know where the water heater is? In any case, being all electric, it will NOT look like the pics above that Bigd9 posted. It will instead be a small residential type; could be tucked anywhere, but should still be accessible.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Karen! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Sorry I can't help with your questions. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, trailer