Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I just ordered the free America's Byways brochure and the Grand Circle brochure to do a little trip planning with. Between the two, that should keep us busy for a while.

We would like to hit as many National Parks and Monuments as we can while we are out here.

Lorna, we did the Grand Circle two years ago. Fabulous trip that my only regret is only taking 12 days instead of a month...if I could have taken a month off.

We will head to Hilton Head, SC for Easter and then July will take us up into Maine and all the way up to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. In the meantime we just visit our rig in storage and wait for the end of tax season and springtime.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We normally travel with DW brother and his wife - each in our own MH. This year we plan on traveling from St. Louis to Durango, CO with a stop in Dodge City KS. Rest of the trip is still in the planning stage.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Good question. Weather permitting, we're leaving for Florida on Saturday, heading to Fort Wilderness, Titusville and Miami, then home. Towards the end of April, we're going to the nations capitol to visit our daughter and see the sights, then it's off to Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut for ancestry searches. My wife just loves checking out old graveyards. I want to follow that time with a trip to Maine and Atlantic Canada, including the Maritimes, but that all depends on the price of gas.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #18

Most of our current travels entail trips to various dog shows as we are both working fulltime and can not take months to travel yet. Our adventures will start this year with the March Syracuse dog show. We plan to attend about two shows a month for most of the spring and summer. We usually will go from Ohio to Pa. to Mass and of course a number of shows in NY. Our big trip for the year is going to be to the National Spcialty for Affenpinschers (our breed) which is in Colorado. The show itself is a four day show and we will take some time to do some sight seeing both on the way there and home.
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
North to Alaska
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Well, I'm lucky to be retired so I'm pretty flexible. Current plan is to drive across the country in April, pick up a Escape 17B Fiberglass trailer in Chilliwack, BC, and after a couple of days checking it out, head for the southwest for a couple of months.

If I'm not travel burned out by the time it gets too hot, I'll head back to Canada to see some of the western parks, then back to upstate UNY.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #21

This summer I won't have to look at the same campground I did last summer or make a mad dash to the Philmont Scout Ranch to get rid of my son's stuff and take his tent buddy home. We haven't been to The Black Hills in years and if we stay in this cabin we will definately need to get away on weekends as the landlord keeps his speed boat and jet ski at his dock.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I just ordered the free America's Byways brochure and the Grand Circle brochure to do a little trip planning with. Between the two, that should keep us busy for a while.

We would like to hit as many National Parks and Monuments as we can while we are out here.
Thanks for the links, I also signed up too!
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #23

Leaving Florida at the end of January for a one month stay in Santa Cruz, CA.
wackymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefans & Harvey View Post
We have our annual SC trip on track, but the rest of our vac. weeks are open for adventure! We've heard of a great oyster festival in Virginia in August, and plan to hit the cape one weekend, kind of tending towards New Orleans for the long trip, but not really city people, want to get into more natural adventures for the kids, but since people say to see New Orleans when you can, we feel we should. And I love the King, which is why Memphis is on the potential list. (as is Stone Mountain which we heard great things, - and Savannah). Oh, I wish we had more vacation time!
This year it's Natchez Trace from Nashville to New Orleans vis Natchez, MS. Can't wait!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Lorna, we did the Grand Circle two years ago. Fabulous trip that my only regret is only taking 12 days instead of a month...if I could have taken a month off...
We will probably make it into several trips. We are currently an hour south of Albuquerque so are really on the "outskirts" of the "Circle". We've been up to Bandelier just for the day and would like to stay up there for a few days (when it's warmer). At a fast count there were over 11 National Parks and numerous National Monuments, State Parks, etc. Lots of places to see. Add the stuff the you can see on the "Byways" and we have a pile of stuff to see before we head back east in a couple of years.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Some fabulous plans in here! We are already itching to get on the road and will do another coast to coast this year. From S.FL we'll be hugging the coast West through Alabama, Mississippi and onto Southern Texas. We'll spent some time in the Lone Star and possibly New Mexico waiting for things to thaw out up North and will then head into the mountains for summer. We're hoping to make it as far as Montana before heading West and South to winter somewhere in the desert. Should be fun! Nina
Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Don't forget the 2011 iRV2.com National Rally at Bethpage Camp-Resort in Urbanna, VA, Sept 25-Oct 1.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Don't forget the 2011 iRV2.com National Rally at Bethpage Camp-Resort in Urbanna, VA, Sept 25-Oct 1.

Lori-
We will probably do that one also. We are now at Rock Crusher RV in Crystal River, Fl. and after this heading to Quitman, Ms. for a few days and then home. We really like the Crystal River area as we been here several times.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote