Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 04:42 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Unhappy 2017 Miramar 34.3 slide issues

Just took delivery of Thor Miramar 34.3 June 8. This is our 3rd RV, but never had such a large slide and therefore took delivery with a slide that never worked right. We chose this RV after doing research about such a large slide and felt confident that the bugs were worked out - after hearing about previous Palazzo slide issues. After first weekend of camping, we found the large slide was not retracting and extending fully (had to nurse it back and forth). After a day of talking with techs and the dealer - all decided that there was a problem with the slide and had to return to dealer for repairs last week. Dealer service manager advised that the slide likely has a roller issue - and that it was not set right when it left the facility. MOST IMPORTANT.... We found that Thor sold us a two track system in the Miramar 34.3 - when we were supposed to have the 3Trax. Thor boasts about the 3Trax system in their brochure - to make customers feel that the slide kinks have been worked out. Thor has since sent Schwintek parts to the dealer to make our slide into a 3Trax system. Now I have to look into the motors to make sure they are the 1/500 (not the 1/300). Has anyone heard of such problems with there slides?
laberj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we are a miramar dealer and I have not heard of any problems. I will ask service for you.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #3

Wow, what a disturbing post. I also am looking at a Miramar 34.2 which has the large slide. My current slides are much smaller and I've never had any issues but I must admit I hold my breath every time I extend or retract them. Anyway the large slide makes me nervous even though many have told me the bigs are worked out. Please post how this gets resolved.
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #4

just like for the Palazzo models, and other manufacturer models, such as the FR Legacy, these slide systems have now seen enough travel time with customers to allow the company and manufacturers to build and install them correctly.
as for the two versus three track system, many manufacturers made these changes mid-year. Our Palazzo was a 'late 2014' build - meaning that it had the three track system on the full wall slide, which is why I chose it over the other two 2014's sitting on the lot that did not.
At first, our main slide seemed to require quite a bit of 're-syncing' when retracting it, at least for the first several months. From then on I have not had very many issues with it performing as expected, all the way out or in every time without stopping. But, it doesn't mean that it still does not happen, from time to time. Who knows why, but it could have something to do with coach level or frame 'twist' when leveling. Regardless, the re-sync process is adequate to overcome most issues.
Note: always HOLD the button well past the time the slide is all the way out, or in, to allow the motors to sync to the right position. You may hear either the front or rear motor 're-wind' or 're-sync' after the other has already stopped. This is normal, and means that the motors are back in sync.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
just like for the Palazzo models, and other manufacturer models, such as the FR Legacy, these slide systems have now seen enough travel time with customers to allow the company and manufacturers to build and install them correctly.
as for the two versus three track system, many manufacturers made these changes mid-year. Our Palazzo was a 'late 2014' build - meaning that it had the three track system on the full wall slide, which is why I chose it over the other two 2014's sitting on the lot that did not.
At first, our main slide seemed to require quite a bit of 're-syncing' when retracting it, at least for the first several months. From then on I have not had very many issues with it performing as expected, all the way out or in every time without stopping. But, it doesn't mean that it still does not happen, from time to time. Who knows why, but it could have something to do with coach level or frame 'twist' when leveling. Regardless, the re-sync process is adequate to overcome most issues.
Note: always HOLD the button well past the time the slide is all the way out, or in, to allow the motors to sync to the right position. You may hear either the front or rear motor 're-wind' or 're-sync' after the other has already stopped. This is normal, and means that the motors are back in sync.
Am I correct in assuming the change over from 2 to 3 tracks took place mid 2014 and all 2015's should be ok?
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:43 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
wrong slide system on 2017 Miramar 34.3

All of the Thor Full wall slides come with the 3Trax system. The new system has three tracks, and modified rollers and motors, according to their 2016 brochures. Mine is a 2017 (so they used the 2016 brochure to sell it to us). I can't, for the life of me, understand why a two track slide is on our 2017 coach. Currently patiently working this out with dealer/Thor on how to deal with our now fabricated 3Trax system. Perhaps these discussions will precipitate some dialogue with management at Thor (so far, haven't heard from anyone except sales and a customer service representative).
laberj45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide