Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2018, 05:11 AM   #15

I have been using 303 on my tires and any rubber seals and all black plastic on the rv and my toad. I also us it on plastic inside the car like the dash and center console.

Everything looks good after about three years use. On the tires it will not end up with that deep dark show car black like some products do but I am not putting it on the tires for just cosmetic reasons. #1 reason i use it is to protect the tires not make them as pretty as they can be.

I really like the results i get when using it inside the rv and toad, No greasy oily feeling on the dash or console like you get when using other products.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2018, 05:40 AM   #16

303 is all I use for the Lexi and 2 Subaru's for rubber and vinyl protectant. That is 303's intended use, for rubber any vinyl. It will not be "shiny" ond because it's water based, will not last as long as some of the synthetic protectants out there.
But, I treat the slide seals on our Lexi (3 of em) and after 6 years, seals are still good as new. Also great for the vinyl decals and wraps. Tires, vinyl on inside, the vinyl covered "wood" trim in our rigs, ect.
Nice thing about 303, although expensive, a little on a sponge goes a long way.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently purchased some 303 from a small TT sales business. Haven't used it yet but glad to hear the results for who those have has been positive.

Always looking for something to protect the rig and it's parts.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:58 AM   #18

I use 303 on the roof, awnings and tires. I used it religiously on my TT tires when I had it and it did not prevent them from drying out after 5 years.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #19

Be sure to use the 303 on appropriate materials... as 303 now sells many products.
303 Protectant good for rubber & vinyl. 303 Fabric Guard is a water repellant used on woven fabrics like marine tops and some MH awnings.
Mixing them up can have some serious negative results.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:26 AM   #20
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I've been using Aerospace 303 Protectant for years and buy it by the gallon from Amazon. 58 bucks a gallon with free 2 day shipping using Prime. I use it on the rig tires and slide seals and the every day driver Ram truck tires. I'm told I can use it on the windshield to facilitate bug removal but I use Rainex for that.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I’ve been using 303 on my tires for years. I usually put two coats on them after washing them. It makes the tires look good and provides UV protection. You can always find it at boat supply stores.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
303 Protectant has been around for years. And I've been using it for many of them. It's not a wax or polish. It's main function is a UV protectant. I use it on my tires even though Michelin says not to use anything on their tires. I also use it on my Diamond Shield as per their recommendations. Also on the plastic headlight lenses. I buy it in gallon containers and keep an old spray bottle filled with it for quick use.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #23

My two questions are:
1- How do you know when it is time for more?
2- How do you know it worked?

The Goodyear tires on my coach looked perfect when I replaced them at 11 years of age. To my knowledge, 303 was never used. Would they have looked more perfect with 303? Not trying to sound cynical, just looking for validation of the 303 price tag.

My neighbor at the CG and I had a conversation about ultrasonic deer whistles. He had to have them on all his vehicles. If they are that effective and that economical, why are they not standard on all vehicles? We did determine that the whistles were 100% effective at preventing elephant stampedes.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #24

Has worked on my slide seal for 9 years in the Arizona sun.....I cover my tires...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
My two questions are:
1- How do you know when it is time for more?
2- How do you know it worked?

The Goodyear tires on my coach looked perfect when I replaced them at 11 years of age. To my knowledge, 303 was never used. Would they have looked more perfect with 303? Not trying to sound cynical, just looking for validation of the 303 price tag.

My neighbor at the CG and I had a conversation about ultrasonic deer whistles. He had to have them on all his vehicles. If they are that effective and that economical, why are they not standard on all vehicles? We did determine that the whistles were 100% effective at preventing elephant stampedes.
I know it is time to reapply if back plastic that gets sun is starting to fade or whiten. How do i know it works? I had one basement door handle and rubber gasket i did not treat. They looked much more faded 6 months later than the ones i used the 303 on.

It is 14 dollars and change for 32 ounces. it is not a huge investment to try it. I spend that on a trip to mcdonalds or for a 12 pack of beer.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR..._&dpSrc=detail
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lots of you guys have good experience with 303. I'm looking forward to trying this new product.
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote