Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
50 Amp Cord

Has anyone seen a 50 AMP 50 foot cord with a twist lock on one end and standard plug on the other end? In other words, this cord, but a 50 footer? Amazon.com: Conntek 14456 36-Foot RV Power Cord RV 50 Amp Male Plug To 50 Amp 125/250 Volt Locking Female Connector: Patio, Lawn & Garden

If anyone can provide a link, I would appreciate it!
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
That would be a handful. Sure you don't just want to get that one plus an extension?

joe
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
RV cords a made to order by some, also you can make your own to the length and fittings that you desire. Google "50 amp RV cord" and the world is your oyster.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Has anyone seen a 50 AMP 50 foot cord with a twist lock on one end and standard plug on the other end?
You are going to have to get 2 shorter cords or go to an electric supply house and order 52 feet of cord and buy whatever ends you want. There is a twist in the cable and the cord caps are oriented for the twist. The female will fit properly on one end and the male will fit on the other end without crossing one conductor over another. You can tell if you have it right by separating the colors and looking at the back of the cord cap.

RV cords are typically found on the shelf in 30 foot lengths.

Remember also loss per linear foot of cable. You may not get 50Amps out of a 50 foot long cord but I believe that the loss would not be that significant.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken
Has anyone seen a 50 AMP 50 foot cord with a twist lock on one end and standard plug on the other end? In other words, this cord, but a 50 footer? Amazon.com: Conntek 14456 36-Foot RV Power Cord RV 50 Amp Male Plug To 50 Amp 125/250 Volt Locking Female Connector: Patio, Lawn & Garden

If anyone can provide a link, I would appreciate it!
Home Depot sells the 6/4 wire for $5.40 a foot and you can buy the two ends. Wala.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
I think I will have to make my own as some have pointed out. I am using it for my home pad and need 45 feet so I was hoping there was a 50 already made. Guess not....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I carry a 15 ft, 50A extension plus my standard 35 foot shore cord. Works for me.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote