Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone eagle View Post
Polychute

Watch the video and make your own choice.
I have been very satisfied
Wow! The Cadillac of poop dumping! Maybe the DW will buy me one for Christmas!
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #30

ya for the price it could be handed down for generations - heirloom-
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a 6"length of 4" white PVC pipe. Cut in half lenghtwise ,and that gives me up to 12 feet of support. Drill an hole in each end and screw together. Then place them on a sewer support system and bungie the sewer hose on that. Works great.
rsw1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsw1943 View Post
I use a 6"length of 4" white PVC pipe. Cut in half lenghtwise ,and that gives me up to 12 feet of support. Drill an hole in each end and screw together. Then place them on a sewer support system and bungie the sewer hose on that. Works great.
How did you nearly cut them in half?

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Lots of folks spend way too much time with the stinky slinky trying to get it pitched and perfectly flat. Truth is you are much better off with a trap in the drain hose. It keeps any unwanted sewer gasses from traveling back up the hose and into the RV tank.
Ken, I fully agree with you however I do not make laws or park rules and believe it or not I have been in parks where one of those (Park rules or city/state/county law/ordiance) specified "Smooth slope to drain, OFF the ground" (Las Vegas was the city).

Sewer solution....

I do not like this device because it uses a whole lot of fresh water, something we are running out of, to do the job that a few watts of electricity (Via a Macerator pump) can do and do better. It places a heavy (or heavier) load on both the park's sewer system and fresh water system. IT's a bad deal in my book.

Macerator works well.

I normally use the 3" though.

There is one called "Drain Master" Sells for like $150.00 for a 15 or 20 foot with fittings.. Lifetime guaranteee.. Looks very appealing on paper.. Till I see the price tag.. I may get one some day.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great set up,
Honestly we don't poop in the MH, we find a place to do it or use the camp ground facilities,
I used to Boat on the Saint Croix (sp) and the Mississippi River's and used the toilet for poo and I couldn't stand the smell.
Yes we used Chemicals, and they stunk also.
Been doing it for over a year now. So far no emergency's .
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
How did you nearly cut them in half?
I also used PVC drain, but the 3" size. I cut mine in 40" sections to fit in the aft DS bay compartment. Then I used a straight edge, i.e. long level or just a straight 2x4, and marked the cut with a sharpie and cut it with a hand held jig saw or sabre saw, turned it over and did the other side. Then sanded the edges smooth and Viola!,,, a rigid support that nests and stores in a side bay compartment. The 3" size fits nicely in the stinky slinky support and doesn't allow that dreaded sag, when you open the tank drain.
Tim,,,

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone View Post
A more elegant way would be to use the Sewer Solution and eliminate the stinky slinky altogether.

Regards
Gemstone
HMMMmmm - a FRESH WATER hose directly attached to a SEWER hose?

I'd think the health departments would be all OVER that one!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
HMMMmmm - a FRESH WATER hose directly attached to a SEWER hose?

I'd think the health departments would be all OVER that one!
Most dump stations have non-potable water hoses to use for dumping and flushing and a separate potable water fill. So, I always use the non-potable water source with the Sewer Solution. In addition, there is no "direct" attachment to a water hose with the Sewer Solution. A vacuum breaker is included so the water source is protected from backflow.
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
Most dump stations have non-potable water hoses to use for dumping and flushing and a separate potable water fill. So, I always use the non-potable water source with the Sewer Solution. In addition, there is no "direct" attachment to a water hose with the Sewer Solution. A vacuum breaker is included so the water source is protected from backflow.
REALLY?

Since the supplied install pics clearly showed an on-site hookup - and NONE of the CG's we use supply "non-potable water" for such a setup, I guess I wrongly assumed those gadgets DO require or use frequent potable water supply on-site for normal operation?
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #39

Sure, a full hookup RV site only has one water source, potable. I suppose some people who use it don't also flush their black tank with that water source using a backflow preventing anti-siphon or vacuum breaker device similar to that used with the Sewer Solution? No different in application or practice.

I wouldn't use my Sewer Solution connected to a potable water supply, even with its backflow protection from a vacuum breaker. However, I also don't usually use full hook ups and mostly do use RV or Sani dump stations, most of which have a non-potable water supply. If I don't have an appropriate non-potable water source for the Sewer Solution, I use the PolyChute.
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote