Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When it is comeing in via the filter I have seen two causes.. For one of them you need to visit the roof with a screwdriver for inspection purposes (Phillips head #2 should do it)

First the rooftop solution

Remove outer cover and take a look at the drip tray,, NOTE: not necessary to turn A/C off for this job as dangerous parts are mostly protected by inner covers and you are only going to look, not touch, inside.

Look for the small "Spout" or Lip where water is SUPPOSED to drip on the roof.

Carrier Air V.. it is toward the rear of the house

Advent Air.. On one side (I think drivers but not sure)

Raise the OTHER SIDE of the RV slightly (IE: reaise the front with a Carrier)

The INDOOR soulution.

CLEAN THE INTAKE FILTERS.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #16

An update - got my rig back yesterday - They didn't charge me anything - they thought it may have been coming through where 120V wire was coming in - so they siliconed it up - they checked for leaks from the gasket - nada...

Been running all night and all day - water on floor when I came home. Not much but some. So I climbed on top - removed 4 screws. The best I can tell is there is a PISSER on the passenger side where it drops water on to the roof to drain off. I can't tell as of yet if this could be plugged or restricted...I have a picture of the plastic housing below. I do guess a dirt dobber could have made a home in there - still not sure I can see up in there as it is inverted.

So look at the pic - Notice the plastic - it is/was COLD with all kinds of condensation(i.e...water). This plastic was covered by styrofoam for insulation purposes. However this are was what I thought was the air intake portion of the A/C as this is directly above where the air filter is located in the coach. I wonder if this is the condensation somehow coming back into the coach somehow...not sure how - I thought I would let run with out the insulation for the rest of the night and tomorrow and see.

So what is that insulation for if it is above the intake? Control amount of heat being generated back into the air intake?

Ideas / comments appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	73610  
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #17

Hard to tell exactly what is going on from the picture. Do you have a couple of pictures taken from different angles and a bit further back from the unit.

Also the make, model and serial number of the A/C unit might come in handy for pulling up specs on the unit.
DesertRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As i said, I have fixed that problem two ways.

1: Raise the front of the Motor home about an inch or two (not more)

2: Clean the filters.

On the list of possible "Things that might cost money to fix"

You could have a cracked drip pan... Never had that myself, Never seen it, but in theory is possible.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #19

Ok - too dark to get actual numbers from the label on top. What I know is that it is made by Dometic - it's a 15K unit with heat pump. I went looking for the manual in the coach - couldn't find - had everything else - go figure.

The guy asked me at the RV shop about the filter. I told him I cut my on - cookie cutter - from a bulk package off the shelf at Walmart. He had some concern that the filter may be too thick. This evening - just now - I went and found the original one - post wash - and put back in.

As far as the drains go, if you rotate the above picture 90 to the right(sorry about that) - on both the left and right sides if the BLACK Plastic(towards the top of the pic where the condensation is) there appears to be 2 drains that dump right on the top of the roof. I put my finger which squeezes between roof an where the drain is - to see if it had something up in there - couldn't really tell.

I did find it odd there was so much condensation under the styrofoam but that may be to keep cool from escaping - I don't know - This unit is nothing like my old TT I had.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Usually one of two things when condensation comes in thru vents. Drains plugged ( pull off and blow out) or the condensate pump has gone bad and no longer pumps out the drain line. Check those out. Sometimes in high humidity situations there can be a SMALL amt coming in due to cold air and hot ducts.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #21

I think this is my model - Heat Pump High Capacity.

http://www.dometic.com/2664aef6-0859...0fecbb1a.fodoc

Tags
leak