Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rick,
Sorry to hear, but happy all turned out well.

CorLynn,
I liked 199. I called it interesting traveling South to North with DW sitting there looking straight down. She used the double adjective: "frightening scary." I told her to just snap pictures. hee hee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Rick,
Sorry to hear, but happy all turned out well.

CorLynn,
I liked 199. I called it interesting traveling South to North with DW sitting there looking straight down. She used the double adjective: "frightening scary." I told her to just snap pictures. hee hee!
We were also traveling south to north and i was on the BEAUTIFUL side as the passenger! I was very scared. I think what bothered me the most was how skinny the lane was. And it seemed that the tiny gaurd rail was ON the white line. There was no room for error.

Well thats how i remember it....even though i am trying to forget it.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #17

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I wish my Progressive story was more positive. After 15 years with Progressive-No accidents, NO claims, NO tickets I let my policy laspe at midnight last night. My policy PRICE increased by $1100.00. From $1600.00 to $2700.00. I had total replacement coverage since day one and now that my coach is 7 years old I can not get that coverage from another company. I attempted to work with Progressive but they would not budge. I then got a quote by eliminating the total loss clause and the policy would be $2400.00.
So I got quotes from Allstate $1900.00, Foremost $1350.00 And Nationwise $1400.00. I went with Nationwide as their policy had everyting the Progressive policy had for $2400.00 plus glass coverage and higher vacation liability and a few other benefits. My driving record has not changed, my address has not changed, SO GO Figure...I can't!
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear about the damage to your coach Rick, but I am glad that Progressive came through for you.

I used to cross the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges on a daily basis with a tractor-trailer and can attest to the fact that there is literally no room for error. My advise to anyone not familiar with these bridges is if you have a large vehicle and are not familiar with the bridges straddle both lanes. The speed limit on both bridges is 40 mph (although you'd never know it). Yes, you may hold up some traffic but I'd much rather p*ss off a few people than damage my coach or nudge a 4 wheeler into oncoming traffic.

The Bourne and Sagamore Bridges look just the same as when they were built. It's just the vehicles that are newer. The picture below is of the south end of the Bourne Bridge taken in 1935 compliments of WGBH-TV Boston.

Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage to your coach Rick, but I am glad that Progressive came through for you.

I used to cross the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges on a daily basis with a tractor-trailer and can attest to the fact that there is literally no room for error. My advise to anyone not familiar with these bridges is if you have a large vehicle and are not familiar with the bridges straddle both lanes. The speed limit on both bridges is 40 mph (although you'd never know it). Yes, you may hold up some traffic but I'd much rather p*ss off a few people than damage my coach or nudge a 4 wheeler into oncoming traffic.

The Bourne and Sagamore Bridges look just the same as when they were built. It's just the vehicles that are newer. The picture below is of the south end of the Bourne Bridge taken in 1935 compliments of WGBH-TV Boston.

I have never been on or seen this bridge, but it reminds me of the Astoria bridge in between Washington and Oregon.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #20

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I wish my Progressive story was more positive. After 15 years with Progressive-No accidents, NO claims, NO tickets I let my policy laspe at midnight last night. My policy PRICE increased by $1100.00. From $1600.00 to $2700.00. I had total replacement coverage since day one and now that my coach is 7 years old I can not get that coverage from another company. I attempted to work with Progressive but they would not budge. I then got a quote by eliminating the total loss clause and the policy would be $2400.00.
So I got quotes from Allstate $1900.00, Foremost $1350.00 And Nationwide $1400.00. I went with Nationwide as their policy had everyting the Progressive policy had for $2400.00 plus glass coverage and higher vacation liability and a few other benefits. My driving record has not changed, my address has not changed, SO GO Figure...I can't!
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
^^

Deja Vu
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ronnie,

I think they gave Flo a raise in pay, making all those television commercials more expensive to produce and air, which made it necessary to raise your renewal rate to cover the costs. They did the same to me a couple of years ago. I now have State Farm.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
We had a pretty good claim experience with Progressive this past summer. Ours was with our boat, an RV of sorts I suppose. Lower drive unit struck a submerged rock at about 25-30 mph and destroyed the lower drive. We were able to limp back to the dock. I thought it might end up being a nightmare and difficult claim because the policy was only a month old when the accident occurred. The claims adjuster was very friendly and helpful and only wanted some sort of proof that the accident occurred the day it had. I provided a copy of the receipt from the launch fee paid that day and the claim process went smooth as anyone would want after that.

I had gotten the policy through USAA, being retired Military.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote