Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #15

Thanks for coming back and letting us know the good outcome.

Wish more folks would do this.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Thanks for coming back and letting us know the good outcome.

Wish more folks would do this.
...except that now that I have said that, it has started to leak again!

Might have fixed it. Used expanding foam in the wettest area, and after the last rain cell came through, still dry. Cannot really tell where it is originating from. When I checked this morning, it was dry. Went shopping and a NASTY storm cell came over, checked it when I got back, and lots of water (maybe about 1/4 cup). It is behind the bathroom sink and the electrical panel, which share a wall with the vent tube in it. The hole in the wood that the vent tube comes up through is wet. So I filled that hole with expanding foam around the tube.

Now I am just checking it every time it rains to see if I can find the first place that gets wet, but no more wetness, yet.

Will continue to keep an eye on it just to be sure.

We will be moving from SE Texas to Oregon next week, and living in the trailer full time until we find something else. So, it sounds like we are moving to a wetter climate, but in reality, the rain we get here in TX is WAY worse than what we would see in OR. When we get it here, we get 2-6+ inches in one day, with tons of lightning, thunder, and gale-force winds. THOSE are what seems to make it leak.

Steady falling rain, like the NW gets, does not make it leak.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:26 AM   #17

Found it!!!

Once again, it is POURING!!!

Got out to the trailer, tons of water on the floor, all the way out into the living area. Followed the water trail back to its source, and it is coming in FAST around the shorepower plug, behind the bathroom sink!

Cannot fix it right now, because of the rain and lightning, but at least I know where it is leaking it from, and I can fix it if it ever stops raining!

I was getting worried, because I have not been able to find the source, and we hit the road full time on Wednesday. I don't like something to not be working right, and not know the source of the problem. But now that I found the source, the fix will be easy.

And I can rest assured that no more leaks while we travel!
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:24 AM   #18

Glad you found it!

It sounds like somebody forgot a gasket.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water