Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

AAA Rv roadside is not covering 100%

Just received a postcard stating we no longer have free towing? Never an RV claim in 10 years or more. Only covers for first $500 and $1000 max a year in household. Upsetting, this is the reason we pay for it, so no costs later. Looks like I will search out coach net or another.
bcnix00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2020, 06:36 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I just renewed my AAA, unless there was a notice hidden or in extremely fine print I did not see that. If it was not there when I renewed I expect that they must honor the towing policy, at least until I renew next year and if that is the case I will get other coverage.

I have had 3 RV's towed in the last 20 years so it has paid for itself but at those limits you won't get too far, even though they have a 100 mile limit for the RV Plus coverage.

I just looked at the website and under RV Plus coverage the only mention of a $1000 limit is on the Car Travel Interruption.

Here is the text
Car Travel Interruption

If you’re traveling by car and are 100 miles or more away from home and have a breakdown or accident, or if your vehicle is stolen while en route, we’ll reimburse you for emergency expenses up to the value of $600 for Classic members, up to $1,000 for Plus members, and up to $1,500 for Premier members. Reimbursable expenses include: meals and lodging, car rental, and transportation home or to your destination within 72 hours. Please refer to your membership booklet for complete information.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Note that AAA benefits are determined at the state level by the AAA Club in that state. There may be differences from state to state, depending on where the coverage was obtained.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:57 AM   #4

we received the same post card from AAA. Membership is due for renewal in December....will need to research for other coverage. We have the AAA RV.
psmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had AAA for years and it was really useful as the kids learned to drive

Upgraded to RV+ when we got the MH. First call to them was to change out an inner dually that went flat with a mounted spare I had on hand. Specifically covered in the policy. Their solution was to offer to tow me 75 miles to a tire repair facility
I located a local mobile to repair on site and AAA offered to partially reimburse me.

Been with Coach Net ever since.
BTW, three MH tows, 90, 50, 35 miles, and one toad local tow, all professionally done with zero out of pocket expense.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnix00 View Post
Just received a postcard stating we no longer have free towing? Never an RV claim in 10 years or more. Only covers for first $500 and $1000 max a year in household. Upsetting, this is the reason we pay for it, so no costs later. Looks like I will search out coach net or another.
We've had AAA for over 30 years for our cars and trucks. AAA RV towing has always had a reputation for being unreliable, if not just a waste of time and $$$. So we did not go with AAA for our MH's. There have always been much better options out there, at least since we've been around. Now this. Just do your homework.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Sam RV Roadside assistance/AAA cars

We have AAA for our cars, 20+ years, and Good Sam RV Roadside Assistance. I've read a previous post somewhere some folks have problems with Good Sam and went to Coach Net. We haven't had any problems with each and don't know anything about Coach Net. Anyone had both and could explain the difference?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnix00 View Post
I was with AAA for around 40 years when a big unacceptable negative occured - one of my rear tires (my small Class C MH has rear duals) went flat right here in our backyard. Over the phone they said they didn't service flat tires on vehicles with duals.

Within a few days I signed up with Coach-Net for all of our vehicles because they're experts on knowing what the ERS requirements are for taking care of all types of RVs, plus ... their service has uniform rules and provisions that apply all over the U.S.. As I understand it, AAA's service policy can vary by state.

For what it's worth, another thing verifying me dropping AAA was ... what kind of service company doesn't personally contact a 40 year customer - who suddenly stops being a customer - to get inputs on "what went wrong"?
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #9
PKI

Yes, what Gary said. We went to Plus to expand our coverage with the trailer, but have always known the coverage was hit or mis depending on where we were at the time of the event.

With the MoHo, we'll drop the Plus. The current plan is to go with Coach-Net when the first year coverage under SafeRide expires.

We like AAA, but it is not really travel RV coverage. IMHO, several of the touted roadside service providers seem to be little more.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I have AAA Premier RV services. I didn’t expect much but they have come through twice. In Montgomery AL two years ago, my toad battery died. Called AAA and they came out pronto and got it started. In Trinity FL parked in a storage yard last Spring, I got stuck in sandy soil. I needed to be pulled out. AAA got a large wrecker there in about four hours and pulled me out.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #11

Well I can vouch for Coach Net if your looking for a new provider. They towed me 234 miles across the desert this summer when my #1 injector line on my RV failed at a very inopportune time and place. Simply cant ask for more than that.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #12

Coach net for me. 8 times they have come to my rescue since 2013. Never been disappointed.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #13

I recently joined AAA just to register the new to me trailer. My trailer tow is covered with my insurance. BTW I do have Good Sam but have never used them.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
Coach net for me. 8 times they have come to my rescue since 2013. Never been disappointed.
8 times? Holy cow...what happened?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover