Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #1

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Abbreviations

I’m not a dumb man, but I’m not the brightest bulb in the hallway either. So my question is, is there a post or list of all the abbreviations used on this site? I am able to figure some out like dp-diesel pusher. tt- travel trailer. Fhu- full hook up. But there are some that have me scratching my head
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Post #26 may help.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ml#post2746079
Old 07-30-2018, 07:48 PM   #3

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post

Thanks but I noticed one missing. Jk-just kidding
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 AM   #4

I worked for a large company that had a section on their web site to define all of the acronyms that they had developed over the years. There were many duplicates that had different meanings. If they actually printed all of them on paper, their stock would drop.

I was in a meeting with a large group of information technology folks working on design specifications of a project for which I was responsible. After listening to these geniuses go on and on in their acronym laced monolog, I finally got an opportunity to speak. I suggested that the project really needed a few more TLA's. The room went silent. They finally asked what a TLA was, to which I replied, "A three letter acronym". I then asked them to use complete words when they are out of their "kingdom", describing things that they were creating for users of their software, for whom they provide a service and who pays for their product. Things became much more clear after they realized they were having a discussion outside of their closed environment. Yes, I did get along well with all of them, as they knew I wanted work to be both productive and fun.

This post was meant to be fun too and not intended offend this forum or anyone who is prone to using acronyms profusely. You are not alone. Now that I am retired, I have quit thinking I might change the world and am having a lot more fun.
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:37 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We don't kid, it's all facts!

Glenn