Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #29

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
My opinion is the Reese hitch is stronger than the head box of the fiver. I would be checking for telltale signs of damage to walls, sides, slideout openings, tank hold downs etc.

Mike

I have checked the camper thoughly, no signs of any issues. All slide outs are normal, no issues with anything. I've looked at the pin box, I don't see any signs of damage.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Yes, I'll be glad to, but give me a day or so. I'm busy with another project right now, but will post details and a link to some pics.
I just created a post in the Technology forum here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/dash-...ferrerid=29352
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #31

Usually accidents like this, not witnessed by police, will ticket the person who ran into the other person. The common term used for enforcement is "overdriving" on the part of the driver with the front end damage.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilling View Post
If you are putting a claim in to your insurance company for the bumper and other components that were damaged I would be including a new hitch in the repair. The insurance company is not likely going to give you a hard time about replacing in due to the collision. If they won't replace it then have them pay for the inspection or sign off that it is safe. They won't want the liability in case something were to happen down the road.
Jon
X2 on That sorry to hear about you mishap.
if they won't pay for a new one they are automacitly on the hook if the old one fails. They won't have to sign a thing.
I have a feeling they will buy you a replacment.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #33

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well, I guess miracles do happen. I received a call from the lady's insurance company, and said that they will be covering all my damages! I'm not sure what changed, unless they played her my recorded statement and she said it was true or what, but I'm amazed. I also have a new hitch and mounting kit ordered.