Figure out how to insert pics the way I have in the past.
The pic above shows all my emergency tire changing equipment for the RV in the storage area I just created.
This next pic is more space to the right of the newly created access area. I've already put my extra 25' 50-amp extension cord and extra garden hose in there.
The last pic shows the mostly finished product. The color of the door is lighter than it looks in the pic. I would have liked it to be closer to the body color but for $65... I added part of the original decal in the bottom right corner of the door but it's hard to see in this pic. You can see a bungee cord hanging. That's where I am right now. I found two pneumatic arms to hold up the door but have misplaced them. I could also order two of the magnetic catches to hold it up like on one of the basement access doors. That would be cleaner. I didn't know how the door would fit with the slide above it. It'll work but have to reorient the thumb latch on the left bottom so it doesn't hit the rubber gasket of the slide above it when opened. Might get in the way of the slide flange closing. We'll see.
Final thoughts. I wish I didn't have to cut through that beltline between the bottom J-wrap and body but since I wanted to use the existing frame member for the bottom support, I went that way. I guess I could have just added another section of 1" tubing on top of the frame member.
While this door is slightly larger than the opening I had been squeezing through, passed all the plumbing, because it is horizontal instead of vertical, it's not that much easier to pass through. If it was a little smaller, or I was taller than 5'6", it would be touch and go for getting in and out (not that I plan on needing it that much). The $300 delivered custom door that I ordered would have given me more room, but it would have come in white with white trim, and I know the spray paint I bought would not have held up as well as what I have.
This operation took the better part of three days. As much as I had fun and don't regret it, I'm not seeing a need to add another door next to the 50-amp connector to access that area. I'll just reach over from the new opening.
Mistakes. Scratched the J-wrap a little when cutting with the jigsaw. Should have put some masking tape down. And because I had to shim the door up on one side a little to be level, there was a little daylight I could see in the bottom left corner that the flange didn't cover. Liquid nails and silicon to the rescue.