Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #1

According to the web site for Campers Choice dated April 22 they no longer accept catalog or internet sales and all future such sales will be filled by Camping World. This is a loss to us in the RV community as I fot one always thought that CC was head and shoulders above CW when it came to customer service and satisfaction and most generally they were price competitive with no sales tax inless you were an Alabama resident. Ken,'04 DSDP...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #2

According to the web site for Campers Choice dated April 22 they no longer accept catalog or internet sales and all future such sales will be filled by Camping World. This is a loss to us in the RV community as I fot one always thought that CC was head and shoulders above CW when it came to customer service and satisfaction and most generally they were price competitive with no sales tax inless you were an Alabama resident. Ken,'04 DSDP...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #3

That's a shame - CC was a good place to buy from, they'd always beat CW. I hate to see there be no competition for CW.

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You might want to try Atlas Supply of Texas fro RV supplies. Here.

They have always beat CW for me.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #5

Man O Man,we as consumers loose when theres no competition. I always ordered from them. I've had no use for Camping World. I made an appointment 1 week ahead of time in Myrtle Beach to get my frig repaired. They assured me they would have the part. Which they didn't they said they couldn't get in touch with the factory. They would keep trying. In the mean time I went to a local dealer they called and said the part would be in the next day. I went back to Camping World and they said they have been trying but still could not get in touch. I told them to forget it. Someone else was going to fix it. Oh,Camping world said it would be a 4 hour job. The other people did it in 1 1/2 hours. I guess you don't have to satisfy everyone when you have a big company.

Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
It's sad to hear that CC has gone over to the dark side. Folks, give your local vendors a chance. Here in KFalls we have Pioneer RV which is locally owned, offers good service, and maintains a good inventory at prices below CW. We also have two other shops that offer parts, supplies and repairs. I don't really see the need for Camping World.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken Roberts:
According to the web site for Campers Choice dated April 22 they no longer accept catalog or internet sales and all future such sales will be filled by Camping World. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a 'breaking news' article I found on the RV Business website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">BREAKING NEWS </span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Camping World Acquires Camper's Choice </span>

RV Business
Monday, April 25, 2005

National RV accessories retailer Camping World Inc. has acquired the assets of Camper's Choice, an on-line and mail-order business founded in 1990 by Tim and Van Tiffin of Tiffin Motor Homes Inc., Red Bay, Ala.

According to a press release, Bowling Green, Ky.-based Camping World will integrate all Camper's Choice operations into its existing catalog and Internet services, which have grown to include approximately 300,000 customers.

Camping World said it also will introduce Camper's Choice customers to the services that are available through the company's 41 retail SuperCenters located throughout the United States.

Visitors to the Camper's Choice former website are now automatically redirected to Camping World's on-line catalog.

An information box states that "Camper's Choice has elected to close its catalog and Internet business" and the company "is working with Camping World to ensure that your RV accessory and supply needs continue to be met." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #8

That makes me very unhappy. Campers Choice always got my business. Camping World will not! I hope camping world is reading this.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Wait a minute.....

I too am sad to see Camper's Choice go. I've used them in the past because they were a better operation than Camping World. I'm still a Presidents Club member but that'll drop next time because I don't use it enough. Camper's Choice did help keep them honest and given them some good competition.

However, look at the top of this page to see who sponsors this forum. RVupgrades has been my first "go to" place when I needed something. I've found they have great pricing and service. RVupgrades may not be as big as Camping World, but now that Campers Choice is gone, who knows? Maybe some day. If they handle it, it'll be in stock, it'll be at a good price, and it'll ship right out.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to help support a forum sponsor.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
http://www.rvupgradestore.com/ will get my next business. I used to be a member of Camping World's President's Club too, but no longer.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We, too, dropped CW. Their prices are high just to get you to join their President's Club (for a fee, of course)to get the so-called
"discounted" price. Our dealer provides a %15 order discount since we purchased our rig from them. They & rv upgrades will get our business.
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #12

We have always thought that State Trailer in Salt Lake was better than CW. They are just like Home Depot, IE RV supplies on storage racks to the ceiling and fork lifts going up and down the isles retreving items that have been sold. Check them out-

www.statetrailer.com

BTW- We also have dropped our CW presidents club membership, it doesn't make sense to pay a membership fee only to get a so-called discounted price that has been inflated.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:53 AM   #13

I wonder if CW will now open a store in Red Bay AL where the original and only Campers Choice store was? Being owned b the Tiffin's it was right at their campground location that people with Allegros camped while waiting for service.

2001 Chev Cavalier with Blue OX Aventa II
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:26 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I kind of doubt it Floyd. I wouldn't expect to see a CW in Red Bay any time too soon. Just because Tiffin has sold Camper's Choice off to CW doesn't mean they are out of the RV parts business. It just means that they aren't into the mail order business and undoubtably can't solicit any business. However, any RV manufacturer buys lots of "stuff" to put into their RVs and they do have the ability to sell those items via their parts channels. I would assume that on a trip to Red Bay you would still be able to get the parts. Except this time it's right from Tiffin, instead of a seperate corporation.

I always thought that Camper's Choice was a smart move for an RV manufacturer. It helps keep their purchasing volume high, which in turn has got to reduce their per unit cost on all the items that get incorporated into their RVs. I can only assume that with Tiffin's continual growth Camper's Choice was probably drawing time and energy away from the core business of producing RVs. That, coupled with a nice wad of Camping World cash, probably means even better things for the RV side of the business.

It's my hope that many of the ex-CC customers will now find their way to RVupgrades.com and that RVupgrades will grow and add more products.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote