Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #1

Smile Air Ride

I have an Allegro 35QBA from Tiffin. As for any gas motorhome, it sways a lot as it does not have air suspension. I was wondering if someone has upgraded this type of rig with air suspension.
pretif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Welcome to iRV2.com! We have installed supplemental airbags on our F53-based coach, more for "stealth leveling" than to control sway. Here is a thread from a couple of months ago where other posters mentioned airbags helping quite a bit, so YMMV.

Here and here are some threads discussing air ride conversions for gas chassis. If I remember correctly there was one true air ride conversion available, but the mfr stopped making it due to lack of demand.

Heavy-duty sway bars and Koni shocks are also much talked-about additions that other posters say help sway on these coaches.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretif View Post
I have an Allegro 35QBA from Tiffin. As for any gas motorhome, it sways a lot as it does not have air suspension. I was wondering if someone has upgraded this type of rig with air suspension.
I just started a new thread on this forum re: airless air bags that you may want to follow and see if anybody responds with positive results.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Bigger anti-sway bars would probably help more than air suspension.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #5

Thank you all for your help. I did try bigger anti-sway bar. I have tried the Roadmaster one. I have the front one but I could not install the rear one. the Allegro 2010 has a modified F53 chassis and the rear bar don't fit anymore. I would loose the guaranty if I touch it.
Anyone that know anti-sway bar that could fit Tiffin Allegro 2010?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Welcome to iRV2.com! We have installed supplemental airbags on our F53-based coach, more for "stealth leveling" than to control sway. Here is a thread from a couple of months ago where other posters mentioned airbags helping quite a bit, so YMMV.

Here and here are some threads discussing air ride conversions for gas chassis. If I remember correctly there was one true air ride conversion available, but the mfr stopped making it due to lack of demand.

Heavy-duty sway bars and Koni shocks are also much talked-about additions that other posters say help sway on these coaches.

Stewart
Thank you. I checked your links and found an interesting solution at HWH Active Air HWH Active Air Brochures . Looks like it would address what I want.

Did someone try this it?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
pretif,

The way I read the information from HWH is that this system is for the control of the air suspension on a DP not a gass unit. I might be wrong but it states that it monitors the air bags already installed on the coach, which a gas rig comes with none.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
pretif,

The way I read the information from HWH is that this system is for the control of the air suspension on a DP not a gass unit. I might be wrong but it states that it monitors the air bags already installed on the coach, which a gas rig comes with none.
You are correct. I just talk to them and told me the same thing. SO I am back trying to find a company that install air ride on F53 in the east coast. Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Quote:
You are correct. I just talk to them and told me the same thing. SO I am back trying to find a company that install air ride on F53 in the east coast. Any suggestions?
See post #3

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
See post #3
yes. I have switched to that thread already
Old 08-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you all for your help. I did try bigger anti-sway bar. I have tried the Roadmaster one. I have the front one but I could not install the rear one. the Allegro 2010 has a modified F53 chassis and the rear bar don't fit anymore. I would loose the guaranty if I touch it.
Anyone that know anti-sway bar that could fit Tiffin Allegro 2010?
Try calling these guys and explain your problems. I'm quite sure they can help you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f256/braz...ale-70199.html

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pretif, did you think about changing to Koni shocks? I have an 06 Allegro Bay on a wh chassis and the Koni shocks prevented the swaying and the so called wal mart wobble. It made lots of difference in the ride and handling.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Try calling these guys and explain your problems. I'm quite sure they can help you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f256/braz...ale-70199.html

Sammie
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I will surely call them. I hope they can help me given that I am on the east coast. Good link. Tx
Old 08-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
Pretif, did you think about changing to Koni shocks? I have an 06 Allegro Bay on a wh chassis and the Koni shocks prevented the swaying and the so called wal mart wobble. It made lots of difference in the ride and handling.
did not know about koni shock. thank you.