Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #1

Anyone planning on attending the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque this coming October? We will be staying in the motorhome right beside the launch field. We have a hot air balloon and have participated in the event once before in 2003. It is truly spectacular.

Buddy (Pomeranian)
FlyAwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #2

Anyone planning on attending the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque this coming October? We will be staying in the motorhome right beside the launch field. We have a hot air balloon and have participated in the event once before in 2003. It is truly spectacular.

Buddy (Pomeranian)
Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
We have been thinking about it, but have not decided yet. We have some friends who ride their motorcycles out there and our son lives there. We need to make up our minds soon so we can put in for vacations and reservations.

Your right everyone has rave reviews on this.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
FlyAwes, welcome to iRV2.com. Wish we could go to this but unfortunately we will not be able to. We hope to be able to read about it from you when you can tell us about it and many of your other adventures. I am sure you will enjoy this website as much as you like the hot air ballooning. Good luck and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #5

One year I was headed out West to Utah from Virginia. We decided that we would "stop" and check out the balloons on our way through town. We left OKC headed west and by the time we got to Albuquerque it was around 6pm. All we wanted to do was get off the road. We had to travel past Gallup, N.M. just to find a park that we could plug our rig into for the night!!!!
So if you are going get the reservations early. Like today. In fact it may be too late for this year. I understand that many folks make reservations from year to year for this event.
Chet
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #6

2003 we were staying in a CG on the south side of Roswell, while we day triped to Carlsbad Caverns. I don't remember the day, or where we were in the area at the time, but I do remember a large number of balloons passing over. Didn't learn till quite awhile later it was the Balloon Fiesta. It was quite an unexpected site to be sure!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #7

Hi, My wife and I will be attending our HDT Truck rally in Wichita the first week of October. Then we are going down to the Fiesta, will arrive on the 8th and leave on the 12 th for home. We will be staying at the campground right on the grounds. Looking forward to the adventure as this will be our first.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I second Cybervet65, you have to make reservations early, a year out isn't out of the question depending on where you want to stay. We decided at the last minute to go and ended up staying in Santa Fe and driving back and forth. Still worth it in my opinion.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toterman (David):
Hi, My wife and I will be attending our HDT Truck rally in Wichita the first week of October. Then we are going down to the Fiesta, will arrive on the 8th and leave on the 12 th for home. We will be staying at the campground right on the grounds. Looking forward to the adventure as this will be our first.

David </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dave, you are in for quite a treat. They say that the balloon fiesta is the most photographed event in the world! If you want you can find my balloon during a launch. I do not yet have an assigned launch site, but my balloons name is "Flashover" so you should be able to find the lauch site in the event book. Hope to see you there, and don't forget your camera.

Buddy (Pomeranian)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #10

We'll be there! Of course we're only about a 20 min. drive away! It's something I recommend for all who have not been to it.

Ford chassis
Josh D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #11

We will be there as part of the Newmar Kountry Klub event 11th thru the 15th. First time, can't wait. We will be staying directly on the ballon grounds. Marc and Linda we will look for Flashover.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 AM   #12

That's great Kenn & Pat. We'll look forward to seeing you there. You are in for a treat at this event.

Buddy (Pomeranian)
Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #13

Since I joined the Kounyty Klub this year and have not had a chance to enjoy any of their trips, maybe I should stop in on you guys and say Hello.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #14

David, this is also our first Newmar event. Stop by, I'm sure there would be a cold drink of your choice waiting