Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #1

All State Road Side Service

Has anyone used this sevice? If so how is it?
75racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75racer View Post
Has anyone used this sevice? If so how is it?
racer,
I can't vouch for State Farm but after going for a year with Road Service after we bought a new-to-us RV, I checked out several RV Road Service contracts and came up with AAA as the Biggest Bang for the buck.
I haven't had road service in 40 years but being of retirement age, even changing a tire can be a hassle. My wife talked me into it. The very day my card come in the mail, I locked my keys in the car at a store. BUMMER! In 45 minutes from my call to AAA one of their road service trucks was there, had my car open and I was on my way.

Three months later, on our way to Georgia a vibration came up. We pulled off I-75 at Dalton, Ga. Just as we pulled into a restaurant parking lot, the two rear wheels came off one side of my one-ton dually. There we sat. I called AAA. The service contractor in Dalton couldn't handle our truck loaded with a slide-in camper. AAA called me back on my cell to tell me that and they had called a contractor in Chattanooga that could do the job. We had to wait an hour (big deal) for him. In the time it took for him to get there, we salvaged two lug-nuts out of the parking lot, one from the street and 'borrowed" four more from the other three wheels. He got the truck lifted, (with the camper on it) wheels put on and we finished the rest of the ride to Atlanta was uneventful.

AAA covers me in my truck, car AND my motorcycle,... including ALL my trailers. (5th wheel, cargo, pop up camper, box trailer, enclosed MC trailer... ALL of them)

All I can say is "THANK YOU AAA". After not having Road Service for 40 years, I think I gained it just in time. And AAA has gained a customer for (my) life.

michigancamper
MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We have All State Road Service and have been very happy with it. This winter in TX we had car problems while at the campground. They sent someone out to help but they were unable to solve the problem. They then sent a tow truck to to the car to the nearest dealer, 350 miles away. This all cost us nothing. Very happy with them.
goldwingerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #4

Allstates a great service!

We have had Allstate for a couple of decades. They have never failed us. They will tow what ever we are driving wether rented, borrowed or? They will send the proper rig to help up to and including a truck to tow our class A.
7521 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service