Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Almost kicked out?

so some of you know my wife has stage 3 kidney disease and type c scoliosis and down to 83 lbs and can no longer walk without a walker and special shoes, so the other evening she was at the pool (closes at 9:30 pm) but maintenance comes and padlocks the gate at 6:30 pm with my wife in the pool so she calls me i find the maintenance person that is not on duty but has a key to let my wife out and the next day the manager threatens to kick us out because i said if it happens again i am just going to break the lock and let her out. and that is a threat? so i said then i will call the police to have get her and i would then call a lawyer i was then told that was a threat and if i made one they would have no choice but to kick us out.

what would you do?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
So sorry for your experience! I can certainly understand your frustration. Is it possible you could move? If the manager has that attitude I wouldn't want to live there anyway!
Old 06-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
Almost kicked out?

Me?.... I'd just pack my [Mod Edit] and git... then post my experience (naming names with documentation) on every RV forum and advisory board I'm a member of.. then send that address list to the employers of the offending management personnel..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
Old 06-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
So sorry for your experience! I can certainly understand your frustration. Is it possible you could move? If the manager has that attitude I wouldn't want to live there anyway!
stuck here til the va finishes with me i am 90% service connected for a form of ptsd (volatile temperament disorder)
Old 06-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
stuck here til the va finishes with me i am 90% service connected for a form of ptsd (volatile temperament disorder)

I remember when you first started posting...

In the vinegar/honey balance you need a little oil (making salad dressing)... a note to management that you've got a service-related PTSD disability and you're getting treatment, then apologize. "I'm sorry my problem picked you/your staff as target, I'm working on this." Bonus points for "how can I make this right with you?" if you're ready for that.

Your response was far calmer than 6 months ago... you've made progress.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #6

I think you should apologize for threatening to break the lock. Not saying if it were to happen again and you couldn't get the key that you shouldn't actually break the lock. Of course if your loved one (or any human being) is in danger, you should take appropriate action. There is just no point threatening it ahead of time.

It's likely maintenance and management will learn from the experience of accidentally locking someone in the pool area and taking out your frustration and anger from the experience on this person isn't going to help anyone.

I have seen a few people yelling at park rangers and management lately, and I couldn't really see how it was helping anyone. It was just making everyone involved miserable.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #7

Accidents happen. Folks make mistakes. I doubt anyone locked your wife in the pool or pool area on purpose. As soon as they were made aware of their error they corrected it. Sounds to me like you may have over reacted to the situation.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #8

I would have had a laugh with the guy who opened the gate.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #9

Regardless of the circumstances, many businesses will eject you from the property immediately and permanently if you even hint at legal action.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #10

So sorry this happened to you and your wife.

If the pool hours were posted with no update to the hours the maintenance person had no right to lock the pool just because he didn't want to deal with it later. Even if he didn't see your wife a responsible pool person would go inside the gate and look thoroughly for anyone left behind before locking the gate.

kcdogger's comment about you being negligent with your wife was totally uncalled for and mean. Her condition and how both of you deal with it is your business. If she capable of doing these things by herself and you're both used to dealing with it you weren't negligent. Sorry that was stated to you.

Both the maintenance guy and the manager were totally in the wrong. However, there's nothing you can do except to stay clear of them or leave the park - which you said you can't do at this time.

If your wife wants to swim at that time again, I would advise you calmly go to the office and confirm it with the manager as to the closing time and please do not lock your wife in again.

It'll just get worse if you confront them again but I surely wouldn't return to the park and it's very poor management.

Post your experience on the various campground review sites - give it a low rating and state it calmly as to what happened or it probably won't be posted... they have rules on posting.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/ is one site you could post.

Also, give the name of the park here so those reading this will know the park.

Good health to both of you forward!
Old 06-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwilson1989 View Post
Regardless of the circumstances, many businesses will eject you from the property immediately and permanently if you even hint at legal action.
lock a handicap person in an area is illegal police would break the lock, so not illegal
Old 06-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
So sorry this happened to you and your wife.

If the pool hours were posted with no update to the hours the maintenance person had no right to lock the pool just because he didn't want to deal with it later. Even if he didn't see your wife a responsible pool person would go inside the gate and look thoroughly for anyone left behind before locking the gate.

kcdogger's comment about you being negligent with your wife was totally uncalled for and mean. Her condition and how both of you deal with it is your business. If she capable of doing these things by herself and you're both used to dealing with it you weren't negligent. Sorry that was stated to you.

Both the maintenance guy and the manager were totally in the wrong. However, there's nothing you can do except to stay clear of them or leave the park - which you said you can't do at this time.

If your wife wants to swim at that time again, I would advise you calmly go to the office and confirm it with the manager as to the closing time and please do not lock your wife in again.

It'll just get worse if you confront them again but I surely wouldn't return to the park and it's very poor management.

Post your experience on the various campground review sites - give it a low rating and state it calmly as to what happened or it probably won't be posted... they have rules on posting.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/ is one site you could post.

Also, give the name of the park here so those reading this will know the park.

Good health to both of you forward!
good advice but due to covid 19 people are not allowed to go to the office it was at one time a good park but then the good manager left the current one leaves at 1pm and the works do what ever they want for 200 bucks they will wash and wax your rig while on the clock

on the other hand 5 flags rv resort in pennscola fl is the best
Old 06-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #13

These days you have to watch what you say people take you literally.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Accidents happen. Folks make mistakes. I doubt anyone locked your wife in the pool or pool area on purpose. As soon as they were made aware of their error they corrected it. Sounds to me like you may have over reacted to the situation.
I am familiar with that form of PTSD, over-reaction is one of the main symptoms. I suspect had it been him, he could have controlled his emotions better.

robertkathy, you know what to do and how, retake control of your thoughts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Closed Thread