Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2020, 05:15 PM   #15

I tried several times with Happy Camper Extreme to no avail. I have had good results with liquid Tide in the black tank and Dawn liquid in the grey tank. It took about 3 treatments to get all the sensors working properly.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #16

I'm with Dawn and sloshing around. Try to reach 3/4 to Full before dumping including topping up before enroute to dump. The fill tank on black flush with gate closed = don't leave it unattended!! I watch inside, hubby out and shout when I see water LOL. Works every time so far. We didn't have problems for the first 15 years but lately have had the "full" light coming on after dumping, until we did full fill on black tank flush, and that seems to solve it ....... well till next time
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:43 AM   #17

One of our issues is we stay at state Parks which have electric only, often there is a queue for the dump so only getting minimal time with the black tank flush. I just purchased a Macerator pump to be able to dump in to a toilet at home.

I can always tell when the senors are getting clogged as it will start reading 1/3 full when on empty and then goes to 2/3 over a week or so.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
We don't use anything but volumes of water and the flusher works well for us - good luck !
Old 08-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's not the Extreme Happy Campers that he is looking for!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #20

Thanks all for the help.

25 cents worth of dish washing liquid and 60 gallons of water did the job:-)
Old 08-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #21

We full-time and I do the dishes everyday. I use a plastic tub in the double kitchen sink into which I give a good squirt of Dawn dish soap and fill with hot water then wash the dishes and pans. I rinse them in the other half of the sink and the soapy rinse water goes down into the grey tank. After I am done I pour the dirty, soapy water in the plastic tub down the toilet and flush. Dish soap and lots of water is all you need. I have never used any other product in the tanks.

In the four years we have had our MADP, we have never had a black tank issue, bad smells or any problems with the tank sensors.

Don't make it more difficult than it has to be.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi,

I cannot find Happy Camper Extreme cleaner in stock anywhere and need to clean my black table sensors.

Can anyone recommend an alternate product?

Thanks,
I've used Commando on our black tank and the gauge read empty when it didn't before the cleaning. I suppose that means it worked.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
We full-time and I do the dishes everyday. I use a plastic tub in the double kitchen sink into which I give a good squirt of Dawn dish soap and fill with hot water then wash the dishes and pans. I rinse them in the other half of the sink and the soapy rinse water goes down into the grey tank. After I am done I pour the dirty, soapy water in the plastic tub down the toilet and flush. Dish soap and lots of water is all you need. I have never used any other product in the tanks.

In the four years we have had our MADP, we have never had a black tank issue, bad smells or any problems with the tank sensors.

We do that sometimes FatChance,
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
I've used Commando on our black tank and the gauge read empty when it didn't before the cleaning. I suppose that means it worked.
Will check that out.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #25
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post

Thats all fine and dandy till you dump a spoon down the toilet Now that was a challenge.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
Thats all fine and dandy till you dump a spoon down the toilet Now that was a challenge.
Ah, it must of happened to you. Hope it did not cause any issues.

We always double check:-)
Old 08-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
No kidding![emoji33]
My DW once left the dish pan full of dirty water for me to carry to the toilet to dump. There was very little water in the pan but I couldn't see through it so even though I hate the feel of cold slimy dishwater I swirled my fingers around the bottom of the pan. Feeling nothing I carried it to the toilet and dumped it.
Too late to do anything about it the last thing out of the pan was a dinner knife I had missed. The heavy handle made sure it made a perfect entry into the 3" hole all the way to the bottom of the tank.
I lucked out in two ways. Firstly, there are no turns in my coach's plumbing from the toilet to the tank so the knife was laying on the bottom of the tank directly below the pipe. Secondly, I had previously purchased a magnet with an extendable telescoping handle that was almost long enough to reach the bottom of the tank.
That problem was solved with a generous wrapping of duct tape and a short scrap of 1/2" ID PVC pipe. I still hate swirling my fingers through greasy water so I never open the toilet valve until after I empty the pan of water into the bowl but that is a less than ideal procedure. I'm counting on siphoning the water out of the pan into a gallon jug to carry to the toilet to be a better solution.
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #28

Dawn causes too much suds....use cascade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Thanks both,

The sensors normaly work for a couple of months months after I use the Extreme clean. My grey and fresh water tank sensors are fine, its just the black tank that acts up :-)

I will give dish wash soap a go.
run26dlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper