Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post
I went with one of those 12 foot utility ladders that folds in 4 sections….can be used as a table or a stand off on a wall.
Do you have a link to that?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2022, 03:07 PM   #58

I use one on our class a. Use it to lay over fixed ladder at rear. Stores under coach. Look a hell of a lot better than hanging a A frame ladder on fixed ladder. Tacky. You drive a $300k class A with a $30 ladder straped to the back. IMHO.
DLB JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:37 PM   #59

Yep I have one and am a fan. Works great and easy to store. Use it often. Clean off slides, tilt up solar panels, clean solar panels etc.
much better than the ladder affixed to the rear of the fiver.
MUCH easier to clean off slides.
SR71jetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR60 View Post
The two pieces of equipment most likely to kill a construction worker are the service truck and the ladder. I personally would not touch one of the telescope extendables . Their are too many parts that could fail and send you flying. Good safe ladders have very few moving parts.
I get the attraction, good sturdy ladders are not going to fit well in an RV.
But I'm not climbing one of those. DR
I bought the Extend 15.5’ 580P from Amazon in 2017 for $165. It is a great sturdy ladder that when properly extended I trust wholeheartedly and I feel safer than using the OEM attached ladder. Unfortunately, they are priced now at $485. I don’t have the balance I once had so I will not go on the roof unless I really have to. It has worked great though many times for mobile detail and repair people that show up with a funky or no ladder in tow. They use my ladder to safely get on and off the roof. It scares the crap out of me to watch someone try to get on my roof with an 8 or 10’ ladder.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR60 View Post
The two pieces of equipment most likely to kill a construction worker are the service truck and the ladder. I personally would not touch one of the telescope extendables . Their are too many parts that could fail and send you flying. Good safe ladders have very few moving parts.
I get the attraction, good sturdy ladders are not going to fit well in an RV.
But I'm not climbing one of those. DR

The better ones are ANSI compliant-osha guidelines.
boiledowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought a telescoping foldable ladder that when extended it is 17' and about a 7' step ladder from Amazon, it is little heavier than I would have liked it to have been at about 40 lbs and has that stabilizer that does get in the way when storing but do like the idea of using those quick disconnects in place of the bolts. Doesn't pinch the fingers either...
Reng8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:40 PM   #63

There are extension ladders, extension ladders with hooks, and step ladders.

I have the 6/7 step ladder for work. I like about 90% of it. I can get up to 10' ceiling pretty easily.

As a step ladder it's nice to not take up all the room, but it is a bit narrower base than a 'normal' step ladder. As long as you don't go wild and have a decent sense of balance, it's great.
Dave01a is offline   Reply With Quote