Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansill View Post
Hey...!!!

This just illustrates that we can agree to disagree. I run my gennie when I need to...WHEN I NEED TO!!!! That means that I need it. Maybe I need it to run my micro, my AC or even hubby's C-Pap machine, but whatever I need to do...I will do it because it is my RV and my gennie. I try to be respectful of my neighbors but if there are no rules that tell me to respect "quiet hours", well it is my world too..!!!!

If I do not like the neighbor's noise, I will move...and maybe they should do that if they do not like my noise.

As for parking at Wally World....If I need a place to pull off the road and sleep, I will do so if they graciously allow me to...but I would never slam a neighbor...be it a trucker or a fellow RV'er if they are parked there and they want to host an "Elephant Party"... We are staying there free and we should be glad that we have a place to pull the rolling tin can off the highway for a few hours...

If you want peace and quiet....stay in your own driveway and call the cops if the neighbors are making too much noise....!!!!

Much too much agravation about this...!!!!

Faith
What SHE said.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Generators, I guess some people smokim if they gottem whether necessary or not.
Lots of interesting opinions here but this one probably says it best . . . some people find it easier to flip a switch rather than manage resources.

Ignorance is bliss and they're freakin' happy!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #59

Yes, most motorhomes are totally electric with heat and cooking being the typical exceptions. My coach is has diesel heat for an alternative to electric heated water and interior heat. I have 6 8D house batteries, so I don't have to run the generator unless I want air conditioning. If I need or want to run the air, I'll look for a CG. My generator is extremely quiet, but I don't like running over night.

Most dry camping events, like NASCAR races or the Alberqurque Ballon Frst, have generator quiet hours. Given you didn't pay anything to stay at a WM, truck stop, or rest stop, you get what you pay for. I suppose you could just move.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #60
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We seem to be straying from the original topic.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote