Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #1

another diesel to the family

Just go a 2011 bmw x5 diesel and I have to say I love the diesel power, I have the rv and the wifes car the only one that is not a diesel is my car but some day I want to go that route as well, The x5 is a 3.5L in line six with twin turbo and that thing makes really good power, 265HP and 425FT of torque, and that thing burns so clean that the inside of the exhaust tips dont even get dark they stay nice and shiny, I must say so far I love the vehicle it is great. Joe
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #2

I gotta know about mpg's when you get a few miles on it.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They sure are nice! I have not driven a BMW diesel, but when my wife's MB R Class was in for service, my loaner was a MB diesel SUV. Plenty of pep and super quite!

Enjoy the new SUV.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
I gotta know about mpg's when you get a few miles on it.
right now I have 350 miles on it and a mix of highway and city I'm getting 21.5 mpg but when I reset on the highway at 70mph on cruise I was getting 27mpg, but as time goes I will be able to get a better idea, my bussiness partner as one as well and he as about 15,000 miles and he gets about 500 miles to the tank and it holds 22 gallons of fuel and that is a mix fo city and highway.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm4 View Post
They sure are nice! I have not driven a BMW diesel, but when my wife's MB R Class was in for service, my loaner was a MB diesel SUV. Plenty of pep and super quite!

Enjoy the new SUV.
I never drove a MB but a MB tech told me that the BMW is faster then the MB.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
I have the Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD diesel that they only made from 2006-2008 and get about 22 mpg. When my wife's minivan bites the dust in a few years, she will definitely get a VW Jetta TDI. Once I replace my pickup, we will be an all diesel family.

Now if diesel would just drop in price lower than unleaded like a few years ago, everything would be great!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #7

BMW are the ultimate driving machines I own a 3 and 5 look at a 6 the other day $85,000 wife said two was enough. Haven't driven a diesel one yet but I bet it's great.