Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Any Experience with "ACC Warranty Group" for Extended Warranty?

I recently found ACC Warranty Group on line as a supplier of extended warranty. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with that company?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have no personal experience but two friends have purchased warranties from ACC and are happy with the service. They have been recommending them to others.

*** See my later post on this subject - new news!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #3

Angry ACC Warranty ... watch out!

We have had a very negative experience with ACC Warranty. As a result of those experiences, we have lost hundreds of dollars when they
cancelled our warranty service 1/3 of the way through the agreement. A history of our experiences include:

1. ACC is very difficult to get in touch with when experiencing a problem. They have only one person who handles phone calls that require
service and that person may take up to a week to answer a request. We have had to repeatedly email and phone them to get a service call scheduled.

2. We had a Satellite Dish on our RV go out. After involving a service person, ACC Warranty rejected the claim. When questioned about their
decision, they cancelled our contract rather than work with us to resolve it. They also kept over a thousand dollars of the prorated fees
that was never refunded.

When they worked they was VERY slow but did the repairs eventually. But beware the fox ... it bites big time!
bewaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

We don;t have this company but bought from RV Care. Have used once in 6 months with no problem. Paid $1700 for a new alternator.

I have a great repair place (Redland Truck, co sponsor of this site) and asked them about the company. They didn;t have anything bad to say about them.

Check with your repair center and get their input.

I figured for $5k for a 5 year 50,000 warranty on a 10 year old RV I would probably get my money out of it.

Good luck
pvrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

One of my friend's who used to recommend ACC no longer does so after a bad experience. See this thread.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quick review of my problem with ACC. Bought policy in August 2012. In September 2012,suprisingly, bought 2013 HR Ambassador. Called 10 October to cancel policy, as new unit came with extended warranty. E-mail to me said would look into, call me back and congradulation on new coach. Once even got thru to Steve Burgess and he was to look into and call me back that day. Still waiting. Now it is January 29,2013 and calls not returned, as e-mails. Have sent copy of e-mails and dates of my calls to Good Sam for looking into as well as Attorney General of Ill. Will see where this goes.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Burgess View Post
Since there are at least two sides to every story, This is the ACC Warranty official response to BEWALDREN's posting above (all documents avail for confirmation):...

Steve
ACC RV Warranty
I don't recall if it was ACC or another service contract company but last year a representative posted a similar kind of response here on IRV2

IMHO...

This is NOT appropriate!

While I agree there are 2 sides to a story, as a business it is unprofessional to get into a public forum and make your case without the "former" customer's permission to release any information. It makes you look very bad.

Recently I requested a quote from ACC...gonna have to re-think that one now.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #8

Rethinking

I am also going to rethink as I am in the process with ACC also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I don't recall if it was ACC or another service contract company but last year a representative posted a similar kind of response here on IRV2

IMHO...

This is NOT appropriate!

While I agree there are 2 sides to a story, as a business it is unprofessional to get into a public forum and make your case without the "former" customer's permission to release any information. It makes you look very bad.

khamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #9

Interesting ...

Was not Breckenridge rather near Colorado Springs at Monument and was less than 5 miles from the techs shop which we have been to since. In a similar manner you should question the rest of his comments knowing that his facts are less than accurate.
bewaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsher View Post
I am also going to rethink as I am in the process with ACC also
I did and went with Wholesale Warranties.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

IMHO...

This is NOT appropriate!

Speaking in general terms... I have to whole heartedly disagree with the above sentiments... and I say "in general", because I want to discuss the bigger picture here and not any particular situation...

When a poster is a disgruntled puchaser of a product or service that makes a seriously derogatory statement that influences others to not do business with a particular company, IMO that company has the right to defend itself. You see product or company bashing in here every day. 99.9% of the time, we only read the one side. People such as myself read these posts all the time and make costly decisions on whether or not to do business with a particular company, based on others' positive or negative experiences. Decisions that could cost a business owner his livliehood or me my shirt...

As the poster above also states, there are 2 sides to a story... I for one, prefer to know both, in order to judge for myself. It is not "unprofessional" to state the facts from the side of the business, as they may make all the difference in forming an unobjective opinion. I have to actually give credit to the business owner in this case for taking the time to read and actually care what people think about his business. It could be worse... he could not care...

IMHO... if a former customer uses this venue to make serious negative accusations of misdoing, misleading, or any inaction, the company should be able to explain their side. This is not Salem where witch hunters were the only ones to get their point across... To defend that way of thinking no longer makes this a public forum... just saying...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Speaking in general terms... I have to whole heartedly disagree with the above sentiments... and I say "in general", because I want to discuss the bigger picture here and not any particular situation...

I see your point. I don't doubt that disgruntled customers will exaggerate a claim. Still, a business ought to be very careful with releasing information specific to a customer in a public venue. If the ACC representative had come out and said something to the effect, "We disagree with how this was represented." Perhaps in some cases providing generic information on policies and how they render their service would have been better.

Still, IMHO, a company that publicly attempts to address a dispute is stepping into a pit trap. Once a business goes down that road, they open themselves up to looking petty and often only keeps the issue alive.

I have NEVER seen any company take this kind of public stance. It only keeps the fires fanned. Seeing it happen twice from the same company is just not my idea of smart.

I know, it ain't fair but it is what it is.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sky Boss, I definitely agree with you about discussing the personal details about a specific customer from the business's side. He could have spoken in general enough terms and made the same point. I don't know if the customer is protected by the "Privacy Act" in this case... and if so... if he stepped over the legal line or not. I also agree with you about the "slippery slope" of trying to defend yourself in a public forum... when weighing in or picking a side, most will go with David against Goliath. Lastly, I agree with you that "it aint fair"...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I also am considering ACC, and still am. WW wants almost TWICE as much money for less coverage on my coach. I checked with the BBB for ACC Warranty Group. Found they have an A+ rating with BBB. Also found they have only 1 complaint filed in the last 3 years which was satisfied satisfactorily. I also did a Google search for a Review of ACC Warranty. I found one site with 23 responses, all either 4 or 5 (5 being best rating). What I'm reading here is one disgruntled consumer really bad mouthing what appears to be in all reviews I can find to be a fine company that offers a product at much less cost than any competitors.

I do not believe you will find a single Extended Service Company that does not have any complaints against them. In terms of the covered items, and price, ACC Warranty is the best for my coach. In point of fact when I tried to get WW to requote with a higher deductible, I was told the cost went UP, not down, for a higher deductible. In that case they would have been twice the cost.

ACC warranty included unlimited towing (WW did not . it was capped). My coach by it's very nature requires a lowboy to tow it. Would that have been covered by $150? I think not.

ACC also included unlimited tires (An added cost by WW) and trip interruption in their quote.

So I'm sorry for the OP's problems, but everyone condemning a company because of this one instance is simply inappropriate IMO. I am most likely going to choose ACC Warranty.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote