Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Any negative thought about CoachNet

I would like to know what negative experiences people may have had with the CoachNet roadside assistance program?

I have my own negatives experiences with some other programs and looking to switch to CoachNet. I would like this thread NOT to develop into a discussion about roadside assistance programs in general, just experiences with CoachNet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2020, 09:44 AM   #2

I happened to call with a question and was told I was lapsed, they did sort it out straight away. That was my only issue. Not sure what would of happened if it was an emergency.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have been with Coach Net for 11 years. I have no complaints with them. Just the opposite. I have used them several times and they always keep in touch when they have dispatched help to you. In June I had to be towed and they called me about every 1/2 hour to see what progress was being made. Even after I arrived and was inside the repair facility Coach Net called to get my rating on the service.

Their online tech support has gotten me through many issued I've had over the years. You might find cheaper roadside assistance programs but you won't find a better one. JMHO.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
I happened to call with a question and was told I was lapsed, they did sort it out straight away. That was my only issue. Not sure what would of happened if it was an emergency.
I only posted my issue with them and not positive experience. I did call twice on other issues and they were very helpful.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #5

I've been with Coach Net for over 10 years. I've only used them once years ago with my Class C on a Ford chassis. While on a trip my alternator's internal voltage regulator went bad, and I needed a replacement before it overcharged and destroyed my battery. Coach Net found a couple of Ford dealers but couldn't get to me for at least a week and they were 75 to 100 miles away. I said I needed it done sooner! Finally they located an independent shop only 20 miles away. I went there and had a new alternator installed in less than two hours. We sat in the motorhome in the shop and ate lunch during the install. Best of all, the price for the alternator and labor was very reasonable. I never would have found that shop on my own. Because of that instance I have continued to renew my Coach Net membership every year.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #6

I've been with them 5 years. I have dealt with them twice and have no complaints.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
With our last coach, it died at the fuel pump and CN came out and towed it to the back lot of the station. Being Sunday, there was nowhere to tow for repairs so the tow truck(HUGE) came back the next day and towed it to a truck repair service.

I've been told that most roadside assistant companies would have charge for the second tow for the same event, CN did not.

Second use was for a zipper flat on an inside rear duel...they were Johnny on the spot but got soaked for the new tire by the service provider.

I would not want to be without RSA and CN is our go to.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I’ve been with CN for 17 years and they have been awesome. Helped me in many ways. First time I had a bad starting battery. They talked me through the process of starting the engine using the house battery. Just a phone call and I was on my way.

One time I had a slow leak tire on the toad on a weekend. Bad nail, not repairable. CN made phone calls all around and found me a nearby dealer that had an exact matching tire on hand, and could replace it on same day Sunday.

Another time I had a blowout on the turnpike. CN showed up with a replacement tire and I was back on the road within 3 hrs.

Another time I got stuck in the mud. They arrived within an hour and pulled me out of the mud and onto the pavement in a jiffy.

Twice I had them send a locksmith because I had locked my keys inside. The only trouble I had was on the last locksmith job. I had locked my keys inside a rental car and the phone rep said it was not covered because it was a rental. I said send the locksmith anyway and they did. Before the locksmith arrived, CN called me and said they were covering the cost.

None of these episodes ever cost me a dime, except the cost of a tire. I would not be without CoachNet.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #9

I know you asked for problems people have had but my only experiences have been good. I have been with them for 11 years now, been towed twice. This summer they towed me a long distance to a KOA to get me out of the desert.

They were willing to tow me the following morning to a repair shop at no cost to me when it opened but I found the part at Cummins so I drove my Jeep to pick up the part and grab a few tools I had to have and got it fixed at the KOA. Got me back on the road and saved Coach Net another tow. I prefer not to tow it if I don't absolutely have to.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:38 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I had Coach Net they arranged tows for me 5 times in 10 years. I only had 1 bad experience and it was the tow truck driver, not a CN problem. Each time they found a shop that would accept the repair paid the towing company without a problem. I only switched when they raised their price too high.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:12 AM   #11

I just recently used the service for the first time. Flat tire and I had a spare, but needed someone to come out a change it. The job got done and no bill, I did give the tow truck driver a 10 dollar tip. had to sit in crater lake junction travel center for 6 hrs. but that might be average wait time ?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #12

On my third year with coach net. Only complaint the road hazard annual premium increased this past year. I don't recall the exact numbers but the fee was around $175 annual to about $ 500.
Considering the increase if you use the RH for tire replacement you come out a winner. One roadside tire replacement could cost 2-3 times the annual premium. I had one tire replaced this past summer N/C.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had very good service from CN. The only problem I had was a tire guy that came out to change a bad tire and told me he had never done an RV before. I had to show him how to recognize the dummy chrome lugnut covers so he wouldn't destroy my wheel insert. Other than that, no complaints. We've used them 5 or 6 times, all for tire events.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #14

I have Coachnet for 15+ years, used them about 5 times all were excellent. Once on a Sunday morning I was towed to a campground, Monday morning they found a shop and towed my Motorhome to the shop. I only paid for repairs.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote