Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2022, 06:39 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
How were you able to see recent satellite photos? Google only updates the photos couple of times a year at most.
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/

Click on link and then click on Hurricane Ian. You can then zoom in and scroll around the map. I found this a day or two after the hurricane. You can see two trailers tipped over so it’s post storm. And keep scrolling towards Ft Myers Beach and the distraction naturally escalates as you get closer to the beach.
BPav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2022, 06:43 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Even Google Earth experimental version shows Estero Island (Ft. Myers Beach) full of cars and houses.
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/

Here’s a link showing areas not intact.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
I'm glad and hopeful for you.... BUT I'd still suggest that you do a VERY thorough pre-delivery inspection yourself before signing off on anything. I've bought and sold a lot of vehicles (only a couple RVs but that doesn't matter) and what I have learned is that mud doesn't lie, and detailers only wipe down the obvious places you can see. Car washes / truck washes also don't do the underbody, so if there's something to see.... It would likely be there.

Inside panel gaps, behind the back of storage compartments, under the body by the suspension components..... If you see water / mud traces there, I'd start becoming VERY hesitant about signing on the dotted lines.

The best result would be looking under the body / inside the wheel wells and not seeing anything suspicious at all. I'm hoping you have that result.
Thank you Geordi. Never would have thought of that. Great advice and I will do what you are suggesting. Thank you!
Old 10-04-2022, 07:00 AM   #32

For years we camped a few miles from North Trail. There is no possibility that their lot could flood. If I was getting a unit from there I would certainly inspect it carefully but more for scratches and possible dents on the roof.

The CG we stayed at was on the Caloosahatchee River, about 3 miles east of I-75 and it didn't even flood. Too far inland.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
I was just over at Northtrail this afternoon. They are up and running but are still waiting for full power. They've connected up to the generators on a few RV's to power some things. Our contact mentioned they had a 5th wheel and a camper blow over. But none of the big rigs had any issues. They moved most of their trailers and very high end coaches into the service bays. For the rest, they created concentric circles of rigs around their various buildings with all jacks down, slides in, and power off for the storm.Not sure why this was done as one rig going over could have created a domino affect. But I guess they either got lucky or it ended up working.

Also, by driving around (I live in North Ft. Myers - Babcock Ranch), it is clear that some unfortunate folks got hit hard and others didn't get much impact at all. We never lost power or internet during the storm and are trying to find ways to help those who need it around us.

Good luck with your coach(s)!
MHC
Old 10-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscape View Post
I was just over at Northtrail this afternoon. They are up and running but are still waiting for full power. They've connected up to the generators on a few RV's to power some things. Our contact mentioned they had a 5th wheel and a camper blow over. But none of the big rigs had any issues. They moved most of their trailers and very high end coaches into the service bays. For the rest, they created concentric circles of rigs around their various buildings with all jacks down, slides in, and power off for the storm.Not sure why this was done as one rig going over could have created a domino affect. But I guess they either got lucky or it ended up working.

Also, by driving around (I live in North Ft. Myers - Babcock Ranch), it is clear that some unfortunate folks got hit hard and others didn't get much impact at all. We never lost power or internet during the storm and are trying to find ways to help those who need it around us.

Good luck with your coach(s)!
MHC
I’m just curious. Is Babcock Ranch connected to the FPL power grid or do the run off of their solar field exclusively?
RudysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #35

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
The Hurricane went right thru there.
Did they take the RVs away?
Did it get hit?
I was going to visit them in January 2023
This is from their Facebook page today.

North Trail RV Center came out with minimum damage. We are having a few power issues and are slightly understaffed due to our team taking care of the families and homes. But all in all we are good. Please be patient with us until we are back to 100%. Which should be very shortly. If you need anything please call us at 239-693-8200. We are open for business.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #36

We are in central Ft. Myers, about 3 blocks from the river. The river flooded up to 1.5 blocks from us. My RV is stored at Diplomat RV & Boat storage off US 41 north of the river and none of the RVs in covered storage were affected. Only 5 RVs in the uncovered area were affected by the wind. High & dry with no flooding.
We got our power back on Friday morning after the storm. Lots of cleanup and some tree removal but no other damage.
Houses closer to the river flooded. We are at 13.5 feet, Highest in the neighborhood.
Born and raised here and Ian was the worst storm I've seen, and I've been here through all of them.
tntfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
This information is certainly more helpful and relevant than your two earlier posts. Thanks for the info.
krpowers54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:11 PM   #38

North Trail is currently functioning

My 2022 Dutch Star was at North Trail for warranty work and routine servicing before the storm hit and is still there. There was no storm damage to my coach. They are several miles inland from the beach. I received an email from my service advisor indicating that they are open but not yet fully up and running as normal. They are working on my coach right now. Their dealership had no power after the storm hit but it seems they currently have at least some power restored. My communication with them has been through email, which is normal, and I have received several updates on the work on my coach since Wednesday. I do not know if their phone is working, but if you have an appointment there in the near future, give them a call for complete information.
DogShowJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:25 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogShowJudge View Post
My 2022 Dutch Star was at North Trail for warranty work and routine servicing before the storm hit and is still there. There was no storm damage to my coach. They are several miles inland from the beach. I received an email from my service advisor indicating that they are open but not yet fully up and running as normal. They are working on my coach right now. Their dealership had no power after the storm hit but it seems they currently have at least some power restored. My communication with them has been through email, which is normal, and I have received several updates on the work on my coach since Wednesday. I do not know if their phone is working, but if you have an appointment there in the near future, give them a call for complete information.
Good news
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:24 PM   #40

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
We are staying at the Surf this February (across from and the same group as the Tides) and have received two updates since Ian. Everything is looking good so far. North of Ft. Meyers and south of Tampa. Hope your location is good. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #41

I have been in Naples the past two weeks and drove past Northtrail a couple of times both before and after the storm. I can tell you the RV's where not moved
and they look to be fine from what you can see driving south on I-75. They
have a huge number of Tiffins and other RV's on their lot that seems to go on
forever when you drive along the interstate. You also can not notice any damage
to the building but you can only see the east side of it. I think they were far enough from the coast to escape the worst of it. My RV storage Facility (Cuzins)
in Fort Myers is still standing but no power and debris everywhere. These buildings are open on one end and I thought the wind might get under the roof
but it held up.
jrholder is offline   Reply With Quote