Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #15

Very good dialog on this thread. Thanks all for the input.

So far you have all concentrated on the exterior of the rig. What about the interior? I am inclined to not do anything with interior surfaces, as far as spray on protectants, simply because of air quality issues. I feel that concentrating chemicals in our living spaces is just not very healthy.

Any feedback on interior coatings?
normanis14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #16

Just keep the interior clean and you'll be fine. Don't leave any food in your camper when you store it. Leave nothing to attract bugs or mice.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #17

I had the same thing applied on my new Lincoln MKC Suv. Cost to do interior and exterior was $587.00. Now I am not a big believer in these types of things but for the price I thought I would give it a try. It is guaranteed to last 7 years on new vehicles. Supposedly if for any reason I think it is not working they will re coat it. It has been on for 7 months and paint feels like it was just waxed. To apply it they first clay bar the exterior to remove all paint contaminants. It is a water based product so how long it will really last who knows. We live in the Northland so it is also supposed to make the winter salt come right out of the carpet. Product had somewhat of a smell but dissipated after about a week. If you left the windows open for awhile it would help. I would bet the price is negotiable.
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use the following:
- Johnson's baby bath / shampoo and vinegar to wash exterior
- Mequiars 21 to seal exterior 2 X year
- 303 Protectant for all rubber and entire roof including shrouds 3 X year
- 4-0 steel wool to buff out windows (not the mirrors)
Old 01-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #19

I have a little different take on automotive, marine, and RV waxes. After owning and maintaining large diesel boats for many years IMHO expensive marine waxes are no better and don't last any longer than NuFinish or McGuires, both of which you can pick up at Walmart for about 1/2 the price of most marine waxes.

I wax the front cap of the RV twice a year and the rest of the body once a year. What helps preserve those wax jobs is how I wash it. I only use a soap mixture of McGuires Gold Car Wash and Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash (50/50 mix). Again, both of these are available at Walmart. My car and my Harley get washed with this same mixture and it certainly extends the time between wax jobs.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Snake oil!
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #21

My older brother worked at PPG paint product research division for over 20 years. Anytime he was ask about these products the same answer emerged, "absolute smoke and mirrors".
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
My older brother worked at PPG paint product research division for over 20 years. Anytime he was ask about these products the same answer emerged, "absolute smoke and mirrors".
Which products or all of them?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #23

His position was the ridiculous priced dealer miracle products were no longer lasting than a good quality synthetic polish that cost $20
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #24

Okie dokey. Just so much was thrown into the fan I didn’t know what was getting slunk out.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #25

We had the Collinite and didn't like it. Too hard to polish off.
BillyandKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #26

Looks like the Starbrite should add a few more MPG too.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #27

Any quality polymer polish will go on easy, last 6-10 months and provide a great shine wile helping to keep bug bits from sticking. I use "ptef boat polish" on my truck, cars and Harley (and on the boat, lol)

Be sure not to use dishwashing soap on your rig as it will strip off wax or polish.
bilstarbrite is offline   Reply With Quote