Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 176
Anyone install a Bidet Toilet Seat in your RV?

Anyone install a Bidet Toilet Seat in their RV?

Any reason not to?
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT7 36D7
GT7 Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
RRR
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7 Jim View Post
Anyone install a Bidet Toilet Seat in their RV?

Any reason not to?
There is several threads about this. Here is one.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/bide...uy-382734.html

Long story short, I have three of this one in the house and it looks like I can make it work in the MH.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
__________________
2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
There is several threads about this. Here is one.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/bide...uy-382734.html

Long story short, I have three of this one in the house and it looks like I can make it work in the MH.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, I'll check out the thread!

We have a Bio Bidet BB-2000 and would like to add one to the GT7.
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT7 36D7
GT7 Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7 Jim View Post
Any reason not to?
They use a lot of water and create a lot of black water. Not an issue if you have full hookups.
__________________
Retired. 31 year of automotive engineering for one of the Detroit 3, specializing in Powertrain Control Systems.
theoldwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7 Jim View Post
Thanks, I'll check out the thread!

We have a Bio Bidet BB-2000 and would like to add one to the GT7.
The “Seat” bidets like the 2000 can be challenging. Most of the RV toilets have a raised lip that gets in the way of the full seat style bidets. The attachment styles are definitely doable in the RV.

We are longtime users of bidet attachments. At home we also use bio bidet models but they can be challenging for the RV. The reason is they use a proprietary thread on the 3/8” connection from their supplied T adapter-and you will not be using the T adapter since you do not have the tank with the 7/8” threads in the coach. We got a bio bidet model installed in the last coach but it required several adapters to get the 7/8 BB “T” fitting installed to then screw the 3/8 supply line on.

The Brondell unit from Lowe’s has standard thread on a STANDARD supply line and connects to a standard shark bite T that can be cut into your 1/2” supply line. I would imagine most of the other Brondell models also are compatible. I am sure there are also other brands that also use standard threads but just keep this in mind when shopping.

The only other obstacle is the toilet. Our Dometic 300 series model accepts normal seats and also accepts bidet attachments. I have installed several in friends RVs and most Thetfords required me to take a grinder and trim the attachment bracket to fit under the seat due to the raised lip. Good luck you will not regret it-we use very little paper with ours installed
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
The “Seat” bidets like the 2000 can be challenging. Most of the RV toilets have a raised lip that gets in the way of the full seat style bidets. The attachment styles are definitely doable in the RV.

We are longtime users of bidet attachments. At home we also use bio bidet models but they can be challenging for the RV. The reason is they use a proprietary thread on the 3/8” connection from their supplied T adapter-and you will not be using the T adapter since you do not have the tank with the 7/8” threads in the coach. We got a bio bidet model installed in the last coach but it required several adapters to get the 7/8 BB “T” fitting installed to then screw the 3/8 supply line on.

The Brondell unit from Lowe’s has standard thread on a STANDARD supply line and connects to a standard shark bite T that can be cut into your 1/2” supply line. I would imagine most of the other Brondell models also are compatible. I am sure there are also other brands that also use standard threads but just keep this in mind when shopping.

The only other obstacle is the toilet. Our Dometic 300 series model accepts normal seats and also accepts bidet attachments. I have installed several in friends RVs and most Thetfords required me to take a grinder and trim the attachment bracket to fit under the seat due to the raised lip. Good luck you will not regret it-we use very little paper with ours installed
Great info, thanks!

We got our Bio Bidet when the TP shortages first started. I've researched bidets before but never got around to buying one.

It was a little weird to use a first, but now its really weird not using one, lol!
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT7 36D7
GT7 Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7 Jim View Post

It was a little weird to use a first, but now its really weird not using one, lol!
That's the standard reaction to someone first getting a bidet.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
jcussen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,813
Got one for my wife's toilet last year, needs a 110 plug because it warms the water and the air dryer. Have tried it a couple of times, but not my cup of tea. But think that a blast of unheated 45 degree water up there would get my attention quickly.
__________________
Foretravel tag axle 40 ft. 500 hp/1550 ft/lbs ism 1455 watts on the roof. 600 a/h's lithium down below.
jcussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 136
I spoiled DW 10 or more years ago with a Swash 600? from Brondell. All she really wanted was a heated toilet seat. Now she cannot live without it, loves all the functions.
I am glad to see that people have succeeded in installing these units in RVs. She will be even happier to hear this!
So this will be added to the list of immediate upgrades for when I finally buy my RV...
Tim-n-Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Got one for my wife's toilet last year, needs a 110 plug because it warms the water and the air dryer. Have tried it a couple of times, but not my cup of tea. But think that a blast of unheated 45 degree water up there would get my attention quickly.
We live in the south, so never had the water 45° but low 70s to 60s is probably common. You would be surprised that the temp of the water is not as big of an issue as you might assume. Believe it or not that area is not as sensitive to cool water as most think.

We started out with warm units about 15 years ago but now just opt for the simple attachment units with cold only for the sheer simplicity and ease of cleaning. The less pieces =less nooks and crannies- the easier the sanitizing. We also replace our units frequently (every year or two) so we don’t spend much over $60 on them.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #11
RRR
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
... But think that a blast of unheated 45 degree water up there would get my attention quickly.
That is what I said, but we bought one and figured if she didn't like it we were only out a few bucks. She gave
it her seal of of approval. I tried it and was surprised.

I got all of mine off Amazon Warehouse Deals and saved ~$20.

Still got to get it installed into the MH, but too busy being REV/Fleetwood Quality Control person.
__________________
2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
What model bidet are you using? Is it perchance on a Thetford 42071 toilet? Thanks!
nealsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:49 PM   #13
RRR
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,442
To update this I just got installed this week. Had to do the ball seals and figured I would do it all at once.

It was a direct install on the Sealand/Dometic 506 series toilet. The only adaptation I had to make was the tee coming off the water supply line. Trip to hardware store did it. No cutting of anything made me happy.

SWOMBO hasn't tried it out yet but I expect she will approve, based on the use of the same ones in the house.

I used the Luxe Bidet Neo 120 from Amazon. We tried one at home, then bought rest. Cold water only but surprisingly it isn't a problem.
__________________
2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:02 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
 
Dutch Star Don's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moorpark, Ca.
Posts: 20,839
Just buy a toilet wand...it can do double dooty!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7b76bccd-8ad1-4d89-b20c-d5526dd4ef5b_1.b82cb1725aca8ba3ddd77995e284c069.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	941.5 KB
ID:	294831
__________________
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (Freightliner)
2019 Ford Raptor
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
install, seat, toilet



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tecma ) Thetford) toilet bidet add on Bikerdds Travel Supreme Owner's Forum 12 06-27-2022 07:10 AM
Bidet toilet seat install Rob51 Class A Motorhome Discussions 2 08-25-2017 05:02 PM
Toilet/Bidet Hose Repair LynnD Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 07-30-2015 02:53 PM
unintended bidet PairoDocs Newmar Owner's Forum 13 11-12-2005 06:51 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.