Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreen1069 View Post
I went to a dealer today and checked out the Cricket golf carts. The dealer had a large assortment of SX3's as well as the RX5 which is somewhat new to Cricket.

Here is the odd thing....the Cricket RX5 looks exactly like the discontinued Kangacruz Aspire. I found photos of the discontinued Aspire on Kangacruz's facebook page.

The Crickets were cool. My wife and I preferred the RX5 as it seemed a bit more solid. I'm guessing that comes from the more solid removable floor construction as well as the front suspension. That said, the headlights on the RX5 were terrible when compared to the SX3.

Does anyone have an Aspire SS? I'm curious if the frame flexes the way the Cricket's do. I'm also curious how the headlights are on the Kangacruz's. The front end of the Aspire models look exactly the same as the Cricket RX5's.
As you can see from my previous post, we just got our kangacruz. I have been watching them for quite some time. It appears as though the cricket version of the old aspire is a bit narrower than the cricket. When I spoke to Ray, he told me they found a new supplier in the last year that produces to their specs. We didn’t get the removable floor option as we don’t need it and it is quite sturdy. They did explain how they have bulked it up to make it more rigid on the new units. The headlights are absolutely sufficient for night driving——I went and picked up dinner at the bar around the corner (.5m away) on it in the dark LOL.
moynihan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #16

I am considering a Cricket. There is an option of a windshield. What is the benefit of a windshield? I can only guess for looks?
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
I am considering a Cricket. There is an option of a windshield. What is the benefit of a windshield? I can only guess for looks?
We got our Cricket with the Resort top and windshield. The windshield is great for driving in the rain or cold/cool weather. We are thinking about getting a full enclosure for it. will make it nicer in crummy weather.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #18

We purchased the first Resort model Cricket. It had the windshield, hard top and flip down rear seat to make a cargo bed. The only weak item was a nylon bushing between the motor and differential. Pain to replace, but nothing but standard metric tools to take apart. The dealer in Georgia was good to deal with. Batteries are pricy, but last a long time. Replace ours twice in ten years. One of those was because the dealer in Ohio left it outside all winter without charging. For running around a campground or resort, I recommend.

I was able to put it in the back of a Pontiac vibe and then our Equinox. It will fit in the newer CHEV HHR. The older HHRs hatch narrowed at the bottom so tight that the wheels would not fit.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #19

Does this Cricket golf cart do well on gravel? The campground we go to is mostly groveled but is smooth for the most part.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Does this Cricket golf cart do well on gravel? The campground we go to is mostly groveled but is smooth for the most part.
Ours does very well on gravel with both of us on it.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennieH View Post
Ours does very well on gravel with both of us on it.
Thanks, do you have the Cricket ESV (24 volt) or SX3 36 volt?
Old 08-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
We have the 36 volt Cricket SX3.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennieH View Post
We have the 36 volt Cricket SX3.
Thanks, do you or anyone know if these are negotiable? I have emailed the place and the sales person said he works on commission. (I asked so I would do the right thing and ask for him upon arrival) Maybe I could at least have them add options such as ramps etc for free.

Sorry for all the questions.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks, do you or anyone know if these are negotiable? I have emailed the place and the sales person said he works on commission. (I asked so I would do the right thing and ask for him upon arrival) Maybe I could at least have them add options such as ramps etc for free.

Sorry for all the questions.
We have the new cricket with 18volts 3 6 amp batteries. Turn signals and shocks and springs. Horn and signals on steering collum. Runs great on any surface.
Bought ours in Melbourne fl . Mobil medical. Totally new set up
With no more wing nuts.
Cash talks real loud here. Total cost out the door 5000.
Fits in crv just like my older model.Click image for larger version

Name:	1565823165731.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	256904Click image for larger version

Name:	1565823200348.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	256905Click image for larger version

Name:	1565823234796.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	256906
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Silber View Post
We have the new cricket with 18volts 3 6 amp batteries. Turn signals and shocks and springs. Horn and signals on steering collum. Runs great on any surface.
With no more wing nuts.
Fits in crv just like my older model.Attachment 256904Attachment 256905Attachment 256906
New model has electric drive disengage for easier loading plus manuel disengage.Click image for larger version

Name:	1565823409676.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	256907Click image for larger version

Name:	1565823432478.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	256908
Old 08-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #26

Quote:
New model has electric drive disengage for easier loading plus manuel disengage.Attachment 256907Attachment 256908
Thanks - so you have the Cricket RX5 model?
Old 08-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks - so you have the Cricket RX5 model?
Yes
Old 08-15-2019, 03:03 PM   #28

Quote:
With no more wing nuts.
Fits in crv just like my older model.Attachment 256904Attachment 256905Attachment 256906
You can get a Kangacruz Aspire Shipped to your door for less than that. They are better quality and slightly wider though they are all made in China. Ran into someone this weekend with a Cricket that "wished" they knew about them. I have the 48 volt version. https://www.kangacruz.com/aspire-rs.htm
moynihan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote