Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #1

Anyone Use Purple Mattress?

Greetings!

Has anyone tried out Purple mattresses in their RV (or home)?

I see they get alot of attention and I am wondering if they deliver a good product.

I have chronic lower back pain from an old injury and find it difficult to find a good mattress.

Would you recommend one for your RV?

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/jZsuBAueLSc
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #2

Wife and I have had a P2 Purple mattress for about a year now. We had a water bed before, and love our Purple. I have some issues with my lower back and this mattress works, we bought the Purple pillows too. Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:10 AM   #3

We really thought about getting one for both the house and the MH but the one thing that stopped us was the weight of the Purple bed. We use the section under the bed for storage and we've had some nice foam mattresses over the years and it made it very difficult to not only get into the area but I needed to hold it up for safety while my wife put in or got out what she needed.

We ended up getting a mid-level sleep number in the MH and love it. We liked it so much we bought another for the house.

Not putting Purple down it just wasn't practical for us in our opinion.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
...the one thing that stopped us was the weight of the Purple bed.
Looking for a new mattress, followed the link to read about "Purple Mattress" and I decided no for the exact same reason. Weight not an issue for a S&B, IMHO.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_postal View Post
Wife and I have had a P2 Purple mattress for about a year now. We had a water bed before, and love our Purple. I have some issues with my lower back and this mattress works, we bought the Purple pillows too. Hope this helps.

The OP asked a question regarding a mattress in a RV. You're not saying you had a waterbed in a RV are you?
Old 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The OP asked a question regarding a mattress in a RV. You're not saying you had a waterbed in a RV are you?

Lol It does say (or home)
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
We really thought about getting one for both the house and the MH but the one thing that stopped us was the weight of the Purple bed. We use the section under the bed for storage and we've had some nice foam mattresses over the years and it made it very difficult to not only get into the area but I needed to hold it up for safety while my wife put in or got out what she needed.

We ended up getting a mid-level sleep number in the MH and love it. We liked it so much we bought another for the house.

We are in a similar situation. Wife had lower back pain and we noticed it wasn't a problem in the MH for last few months... credit the sleep number bed.
Now looking / considering swapping to a SN or their competition at home. Can't decide whether to wait to visit a SN store or just make the decision and have one delivered.
Personal comfort looks like a competitively priced alternative to SN and appears to have some good features.
https://www.personalcomfortbed.com/number-beds
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Same story here. Sleep number in coach, one year later nice Sleep Number for house.

Jan each year Sleep Number has a big sale 40-50% off AND zero interest. I can pay for the bed, but why...if I can get zero interest.

It does work, Ive had a Fitbit watch for a couple of years, and my sleep quality is much improved with the Sleep Number system. Bad lower back, arthritis in my right hip.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Lol It does say (or home)
Yes. I am researching a good mattress for my RV yes, but I will take opinions from folks that have used Purple at home too.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
Same story here. Sleep number in coach, one year later nice Sleep Number for house.

Jan each year Sleep Number has a big sale 40-50% off AND zero interest. I can pay for the bed, but why...if I can get zero interest.

It does work, Ive had a Fitbit watch for a couple of years, and my sleep quality is much improved with the Sleep Number system. Bad lower back, arthritis in my right hip.
I've heard many great testimonials on Sleep Number.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #11

We used a original Purple in our TT. Added an electric actuator to the bed lift to compensate for the weight. Worked well and we liked it, sadly, it went with the TT when we traded in. Haven't got a new one yet to go in the 5th wheel but it is at the top of our list.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Everyone is different. We had a sleep number bed and hated it. My daughter and her husband, who are both heavier than the average person love their Purple mattress.

We recently bought a new mattress for the house. We had a pillow top that we loved, but it was getting long in the tooth. We bought what we thought was another nice pillow top, but the foam sank every night on my side (I'm a fatty), but would rebound after a couple of hours, after we got up. I didn't like sleeping in a hole. We returned it and upgraded to a Stearns and Foster Hybrid. We love this new mattress, it's firm and the first night my back was a little sore, but it is really comfy now.

The point......there is no way someone can tell you what is a good mattress. Everyone has their own issues and their own needs from back to belly sleepers.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress