Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #15

GRACIES MOM: Total agreement with you. I have noticed also that more and more c/g's have a large contingent of permanents. In some that I have used previously, it is now 2/3rds permanent and 1/3 over nighters or those in transient. They have scaled the width of the sites down to the point where you can hear your neighbor snore. I guess this is,(in a sense), another spin off of the high fuel prices. People are parking their rigs some place and leaving them parked. They have become more important than the traveler. Sad turn of events.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
We have used two ceramic heaters bought from Walmart. They work great on 50 amp service. I did find a pretty neat round ceramic heater. It has a lever that will close a window in the rear that forces the heated air out of the front. When the lever is opened, the heated air radiates out 360 degrees. This function works well on the dinette table or "L" shaped kitchen counter. I don't think I paid more than about $15 for the cube and $25 for the round type.

This will be the first season in the new MH with its heatpumps. I suspect I will still have to supplement the heatpump and furnace with the ceramic heaters to limit the furnace run time.

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GraciesMom:
Homer - the campgrounds here in Denver - this SUMMER - if you were going to stay for a month, charged a deposit for power, an extra charge for WiFi and some of them charged for cable. And the monthly charges were over $500 - some much more than that. We are talking some DUMPY RV parks too. Lots of permanent residents and junkers. I hate it when a campground advertises WiFi and cable and then you find out that there's an extra charge for them - and with the WiFi you have to log on and pay with your credit card. $4 to $10 extra per dog, a charge for more than 2 or 4 people, a charge for taking credit cards instead of cash. It's getting ridiculous. You would think that with the gas prices and the lack of RV's traveling right now, they'd be bending over backwards to accomodate you. As long as I have my air card to get online and my cell phone . . . I'll take WalMart parking lots or WHATEVER to staying in RV parks when I'm on the road headed for a destination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ThousandTrails effectively just doubled their annual fee with the upcharge for the previously free WiFi. Why would anyone pay $500 a year for Tengonet WiFi that only works at select campgrounds when for similar money you can get an entry level air card plan that will work in most places that have cell phone coverage?

They are also removing sites to put up cabins (condos) for sale.

Here in Florida some really junky parks are charging $800+ a month for a site with an electric meter(seperatly billed). They give them some really fancy names but....

I can understand that some people are real power hogs and can run up a bill with their AC's set in the high 60's and low 70's or the heat set to 80, both with the windows open all the time however for an 18 X 40 foot patch of ground in a low rent district these rates are getting to be a bit much.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:47 AM   #18

we use a small cube shaped ceramic heater from walmart. Works great. We had a more expensive one from Camping World and it didn't work right. Took it back as a fire hazard. Wouldn't shut off and the floor in front of it would burn your hand.

The cube works perfect and the floor never gets hot nor does its exterior.

Why use your own propane furnance for heat when you have shore power? Amazing how many people do though.

K & G is offline   Reply With Quote