Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #29

I wonder how that guy that shot up that mall in Canada last week got a gun? He should have known he would get in trouble if they found out he had one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
If you have problems, call 911 and follow their advice. They will send people with guns immediately, if needed.
They will show up just in time to do the investigation.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White
I wonder how that guy that shot up that mall in Canada last week got a gun? He should have known he would get in trouble if they found out he had one.
If some one wants to get a gun they will.
It doesn't matter which country.
All you need is cash.
Mr_D has posted about this before.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #32

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Guns don't kill, bullets do! However, you need the gun to make the bullets move very fast. A handful of bullets isn't that much of a deterrent and throwing them doesn't really work that well either.
If swung hard and often enough, a gun most certainly will kill you.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #33

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunclm View Post
Yes! Plus the watch cat Backslash.

One of the most magnificent home defense fights involved my daughter's cat Mika. She weighted all of 5 pounds. My daughter opened her door and out went their Catahola hound. A neighbor was walking her dog. Well the dogs were at each other instantly. The owners were trying to separate the animals when this tiny streak of gray fur landed on the strange dogs head and preceded to rake his nose with claws and mouth. Two seconds of savage attack by the cat, and the strange dog fled in confusion yelping all the way.

The tiny cat stuck its tail straight up and strutted back into the daughters house proud as punch.
Sounds like a Siamese. They are well known for that kind of attack method. A friend's little Siamese prefers to shake me apart with her purring (I nicknamed her Evinrude). Now the lab mix they used to have looked and sounded vicious enough to wake the dead and scare them to death (even though he was a sweetie).
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I'm armed. I have one on each side.

Ditto - a left and a right.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Yay! Its the weekly gun thread!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #36
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa
If you have problems, call 911 and follow their advice. They will send people with guns immediately, if needed.
Yeah , they will get there in twenty minutes or so. Tell the bad guy not to get in a hurry to kill your family. Take his time.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #37

I read who carries and who don't and those who will not tell but my questions has more to do with who has been in a situation parked in a remote site, Walmart parking lot, roadside rest area,truck stops, etc. and felt that they needed a weapon to defend or protect themselfs? I have had concerns about stopping in places outside of a campground due to the lack of security. I have no problem defending myself but I do not want to increase the need to do so by stopping overnight in a place that isn't safe.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #38
Pnr

If you have 30 minutes call 911.
If you have seconds call 357 or 12 .
Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #39

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Ditto - a left and a right.
Wait, let me check...Sonuvagun, so do I. And here I thought they were identical.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #40

Calling 911 is correct, but what the idiots forget is after calling 911, when seconds count, the police will only be minutes away (or longer if you are out boondocking). People need to be able to defend themselves until the police arrive. The police have a hard time controlling someone all drugged up, even their pepper spray or tazers will not affect some of these druggies, so you just go ahead and use your can of wasp spray and see what happens when the doped up bad guy that just entered your rv and is headed for your wife with a knife does. Just think how you will feel when your wife is headed to the hospital with life threatening knife wounds to her body and you are sitting there with your can of useless wasp spray.
Your next post will be titled "I need your prayers, I failed to protect my family).

Think about it people.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #41

National RV Owners Club
I have two attack Shih Tzu's who greet everyone at the door by jumping and licking them to death.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #42

We don't camp alone... strength in numbers. And while at this time we're not packin' (we have a small child & a curious teenager), others in the group are. I pitty the fool who tries to mess with our group.
Closed Thread