Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Arizona bound

Today Willa and I were talking and we started planning summer travel plans. We definitely, most likely, probably, possibly are going to Alaska for a while. We have been there before and we loved it and we will go back again, probably.
Then Willa looked at me and she said ''Seajay, I think we should visit Arizona again''. ''In fact I think we should invite our ''friend'' to join us in Arizona for some fun in the sun in Arizona.''
Yep, Arizona, the Grand Canyon state where Grand Canyon is located and lots more things to do in Arizona besides touring the Grand Canyon.
We have heard that some folks arent going to Arizona this year for some reason but we are going to Arizona because its a wonderful place to vacation and spend money and support the economy of Arizona. Willa and I would like to invite each and every person on IRV2 to meet us in Arizona and do some touring on Route 66 and visit the Grand Canyon and lots of other stuff to do in Arizona.
So make your plans to come to Arizona and maybe we can get together for fun in Arizona and you might get lucky and meet me and Willa in Arizona and we can all sit around and talk in Arizona.
Here is a link you can look at about Arizona

Arizona Tourism & Travel - Vacations in AZ | Arizona Office of Tourism

Seajay the sailor man,
Arizona bound ......

God bless our troops and lawmen and keep them safe from harm
God bless our vets and border guards.. Without them we would be speaking another language......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Just happen to be headed toward Arizona as of this afternoon. We were there until just before Easter and left way to soon.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
My reservations are made for Mesa, AZ, Nov 2010- April 2011.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
paz

We've been in Arizona for the past week, and we're planning to spend at least another 2. Arizona is a great state (except for the photo enforcement zones and the traffic around Phoenix).
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Seajay,
We missed you by a year. We were in Arizona in 2009. From Tombstone to the Monuments and everything in-between we had a great time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Will be headed back to Arizona hopefully January 2011. We love the state and have visited many times. Not so great in summer if you are near desert areas, we visited an uncle in Tempe over the 4'th of July one year ---- BIG MISTAKE!
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up Just got back from AZ last month

I have family there and just spent time camping in my son's driveway for a week. I plan to visit him this winter and to visit Q for the first time this winter.

AZ is RV friendly, lots of folks who live there RV and camping in an RV is very common. Lots to see and do in AZ, the small towns actually look forward to Snowbirds or RVrs what ever you want to call them.

Zonies as some folks call them are friendly and helpfull. It is great to have a camping spot where you can see for miles and miles. On the other hand driving in Phoenix metro area or Tucson metro area is for the birds no matter how fast your going somebody wants to pass you and cut you off. Get off the interstate highway and things calm down concidrably.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #8

leavin in 2 hours for the Sedona area. C U there.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I live here. If you get to the eastern side of the state let me know
paulrtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have spent the last 6 years in AZ. We love to boondock, so we enjoy the BLM areas around Ajo and Why Junction. Beautiful scenery, and the sunsets are awesome. 2004 Dolphin
Alleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #11

Smile Arizona to Alaska

We have been staying at Western Way RV resort in Tucson...and love it. However we have just bought a home in Marana, AZ on the north outskirts of Tucson. We are leaving Cheyenne for a 3 month trip to Alaska on May 28, so we are on our 2 week count down. We share your appreciation of AZ.
mdwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #12

We have been to AZ twice and the current unpleasantness wouldn't slow us down for a minute. It is a totally beautiful state and I think much of this boycott stuff is just political grandstanding by people who don't even bother to inform themselves.Go to AZ and enjoy yourselves.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:59 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Headed that way in October . . . can't wait to get back in the beautiful state of Arizona!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #14

We plan on spending next January in Arizona on the way to Southern California. What can we see along the way? Maybe spend a week or two here and there as we cross the state.