Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
Please don't use the Atlanta murders as an excuse to stir up racist division and anger. The confessed murderer stated he DID NOT do it because of racism.
But sadly there are forces in this country that want to make everything about race and the victim society. The charge of racism is used so often and widely by a certain group that, like the boy who cried wolf, it's becoming a meaningless attack. I now hear the racism charge and attack and I pretty much know where it came from and now discount it. Sadly there are racist issues and groups but due to the relentless attack by those making the baseless charges, real racist issues are diluted.
chunker is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2021, 08:31 AM   #16

To the OP, thank you for your kind reminder about bullies that are all around us. It is very sad time that in order to make a point to the ignorant requires your impressive service credits.

To other posters, it is very odd if it wasn't an attack on Asians, he drove past non Aisian owned spas to kill 6 Asian women. Even if it wasn't a hate crime directed at race, it was a hare crime directed at women.
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
With you

I'm totally with you bro!
tufftj is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #18

Thank you for starting this thread. While we are all members of the same society, this is an RV forum. One of the things I'm most impressed with within this community is our ability to sit around the same camp circle and enjoy each others company. We've had the pleasure of shooting the bull with people in $400,000 rigs as well as $5000 popups and even $100 tents. We've enjoyed the company of people of all races and sexual orientation. I've met folks I'd like to get to know better and some I'd just as soon never see again. We've never come to fisticuffs or even loud voices. By and large we have a lot more in common than we have differences. Mostly we agree on the daily topics but on occasion we agree to disagree. Much of society has lost the ability to discuss topics in an open and rational manner. We need to not only express our opinion but we need to suppress and completely eliminate any counter views. Only occasionally have I seen this behavior within the RV community. Let's hope we can continue to embrace our fellow RVers and enjoy our camp circles for years to come.
MtCamper is online now   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #19

When I saw that the thread title I thought uh-oh, someone's going to make a bad joke. But in fact that was a great post, and I thank you for doing it, and I thank you for your service.

As someone that has worked over 35 years as a tradesman in people's homes, all over Southern California, from the poorest to the richest, every race creed and color, all I've learned is that people are people and everyone wants the same thing.

Our diversity of culture and races is our strength, and I will resist the temptation to say anything else about why this has been happening. But I'm so glad that it seems an awareness is happening on many fronts, and I hope it leads to positive change, and mental growth in folks like those you encountered.
tap4154 is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 09:34 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcpl View Post
Somewhere in our society, we have failed to teach our young men and women that we all need to practice the GOLDEN RULE!
X2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 10:03 AM   #21

News reports Long told police the shootings were "not racially motivated," according to Baker, of the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Baker also referenced Long's "sex addiction," saying that Long sees the spas as a "temptation" that he "wanted to eliminate."

Seems it was shame/sin that drove him not Racism
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #22
Community Administrator

The OP made no mention of the mass murders that took place in Georgia so let’s please keep to the topic.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #23

Thanks for your service.

Remember though, Life is a two way street. There's trash of every race. Funny how people have to throw in their country of origin. I don't Identify as an Irishman...I am an American. I should be an Irish American on the check list.

Asian American? Why no American Asian? Same with African American...yet no American African. Why is it an Asian, African, Latino and who ever else can become a whatever(insert origin)American...yet an American is just stuck as an American.

[ moderator edit]
Wild Card is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 11:20 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you

Hello,

I want to be clear that I do NOT believe there is systemic racism in America.
My main concern was that there must of been a dozen people that over heard the comment and I was the only one that spoke up.
I fully understand that people do not want to get involved and the incident could have diffused on its own, but I sensed the man was agitated that he wasn't getting the reaction he wanted. I guess I was willing to accept the consequences if it came to fisticuffs.

My issue is with the bullying.

I'm sure 99.99% of the RV world is comprised of good natured folks. We have common aspirations.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke

To be current...I'll add (and women) to the quote!

Thanks for reading.
GMan2021 is offline   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 11:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Thanks for your service.

Remember though, Life is a two way street. There's trash of every race. Funny how people have to throw in their country of origin. I don't Identify as an Irishman...I am an American. I should be an Irish American on the check list.

Asian American? Why no American Asian? Same with African American...yet no American African. Why is it an Asian, African, Latino and who ever else can become a whatever(insert origin)American...yet an American is just stuck as an American.

[ moderator edit]
I prefer just plain ole American

Otherwise I would have to identify as 'Irish/French/Scott/???-American
Whew-----
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #26

To the original poster, thank you for your service and thank you for having the courage to get involved and stand up for that lady!
Old 03-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
Please don't use the Atlanta murders as an excuse to stir up racist division and anger. The confessed murderer stated he DID NOT do it because of racism.
Assaults on Asian-Americans are growing in other communities and they seem to be the next target in the game of "blame some group for ones own frustrations".

I'd be very disappointed in our RV community if we are unable to see our kin and recognize opportunities for friendships and neighborliness.

Good luck and safe travels to all.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #28
BnB

Ford Super Duty Owner
I too spent 30+ years in municipal law enforcement, met all kinds of folks and saw most of the ugliness this sin sick world has to offer.

As I read my Bible, There are many things we are all called to remember here are just 3 that seemed appropriate to the conversation:

1. ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself’ (we’re all neighbors)
2. God made us ALL in His image - one race, the human race.
3. Forgiveness sets the prisoner free, we are forgiven much, if we don’t forgive we are that prisoner of our own hatred and anger.

May the Lord Bless you
BnB is offline   Reply
Closed Thread