Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Average discounts for new Newmars

My wife and I are looking at a 2019 Ventana 4369 and have started price negotiations.

I have read in several threads that a standard discount off the MSRP is approximately 33% for new coaches.

Does this rule apply to Newmars as well?

What has been your experience?

Thank you for the feedback.
traveller333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #2

Can’t speak for Newmar but when I bought our Tiffin a special order was 25-28% off MSRP for a special order. A new MH on there lot was around 20%. Their reasoning was that somebody who wanted a coach now was willing to give more than someone who was willing to wait a couple of months. It’s a sellers market right now, the manufacturers can’t build them fast enough.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #3

[moderator edit]

Here's a thread from 2017 on the subject on the Newmar Owner's Forum:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/disc...-354312-4.html
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There is no "standard" - it all depends on the dealer and what he thinks he can get for the particular RV. Some discount more deeply than others, and some may discount a different amount based on demand for a model or brand, season, or their current financial status. Could be anywhere from 15% to 30 or even a bit more. Are you willing to travel to another state to buy from a store that is offering a deeper discount?

The net is that you can may find a deeper discount if you shop around the country. If price is the only measure and having a local dealer or one with a good rep for service both during and after the sale is not a factor, you can probably somebody willing to deal.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you all for your insights.

We just closed on a 2019 Ventana 4369 and we're looking forward to starting our 5 year mission of traveling from Key West to Faibanks and from San Diego to Newfoundland, with many stops in between.

My final purchase price ended up at 28% below MSRP.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
I think a lot has to do with the area the dealer is in. MSRP on a new Newmar we were pricing out varied as much as 10K on the same model and equipment. Central Florida seemed to have the highest and Minnesota (surprise, surprise) had the best.
We ended up with a 2 year old 3911 handicap lift gasser. Manager where we bought it said these were rare because few people with handicaps that need a wheelchair RV and Newmar does not build many.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller333 View Post
Thank you all for your insights.

We just closed on a 2019 Ventana 4369 and we're looking forward to starting our 5 year mission of traveling from Key West to Faibanks and from San Diego to Newfoundland, with many stops in between.

Can you share who the Dealerships is ?
Old 02-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller333 View Post

I think you did well. I have only purchased one Newmar and did a bit better than 30%, but it was at the depths of the Big Recession and the dealer actually went back and worked with Newmar on better pricing to him so he could pass it on. That is a very unusual situation.

I tend to believe that 25% is the minimum starting point on motorized, if a dealer won't start at at least that, I'm moving on and really looking for something better as a final discount. Have always been able to achieve my goals with dealers within 125 miles of me but I had to usually work two against each other. These were always units that were ordered as well...not ones on the floor.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
The dealer was RV One in Tampa. Tommy was my sales rep and he did a great job.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #10

Rv

Doesn’t matter who’s product it is 30%off is alright. No trade you can do better. Oh yeah dont be afraid to walk away lots of dealers in the usa.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar